Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'll Never Get Off the Soap Box...

I'll never get off my soap box about the safety of kids in & around cars.
Since my nephew's death in September 2005...it's just something that I think about constantly.

Recently, Christian singer, Steven Curtis Chapman lost a daughter when she was accidentally struck by a car in the driveway of their home.
Pray for this family.
http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/

*Never Never Never leave your car unlocked, even in the garage or driveway.
*Contact your legislators about mandatory safety features in the automobile industry---the technology exists to improve safety with our cars, but the features are options, not requirements.
*Invest in rear backup sensor for your car, or if looking to purchase a new car, consider purchasing a car with this feature.
*Never leave your child unattended in your car, even just for a minute! It takes less than a minute to steal a car.

For more information about kids and cars, you can visit these websites:

www.kidsandcars.org

www.harrisonshope.org

~Lainey-Paney

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 11:57 AM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I just read this. It's so sad. Last year, a local family expierienced a terrible thing like this. A man was leaving in his truck to run an errand and his little boy darted away from his mother's side to catch up with daddy. The father didn't see the child and ran him over with the truck. The boy was dead instantly.

You are not on your soapbox, you are passionate about this topic! Good for you, Lainey-Painey.

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

I think about you Nephew often. His story is always with me.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Love said...

i faithfully take all 3 of my babies in with me everywhere now because of riley.
i am so thankful for this knowledge and change of heart i've had. thanks for honoring him by educating us.
i had rationalized before that as long as i could see them from the gas station window, i could leave the air on, lock the door with the keypad, and run in for my fountain drink. i always felt bad about it. i'm now HAPPY to take them in with me.
i think of riley every.single.time.

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

Lainey, PLEASE don't EVER get off your soapbox on this subject; after crying through your posts about Riley, I know it is a soapbox that you are meant to be on, for Riley. In his memory; to honor him. With the heat of the summer, the news reports will start. And I wonder how long it will take for people to GET IT. Because of you, and because of what happened within your family, I am more aware and vocal about it, too. So, don't ever quit.

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

I read about this, and it is just absolutely devastating. And to think that his teenage son, her brother, was the driver....that poor boy. I know they've asked for prayers for him especially.

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Stay on that soapbox.

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

I heard about the Chapman family yesterday and cried all the way to work.

It's just so tragic.

I'm thankful for people like you who educate others about child safety.

Not sure how I got to your blog, but I'm glad I found it.

 
At 5:58 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

you should know, every since reading about your nephew i've become crazy about this too. thank you for opening my eyes because i never would have thought about it!

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Shawna said...

A post about Riley was the first post of yours I read. I can not tell you how many friends and moms I have told about Riley, and lives he has saved because of it. Riley's story is always with me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home