Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saturday....

Saturday was yard work day!!!

The Mother In Law kept Gage that day so that we could get some yard work done.
My mom & David came up from Tyler to help out. Mario & Allen came too. Allen spent most of the day with Dad, but, Mario helped out a ton.

We got the street-line cleaned up. That task is very hard to do by myself b/c it's in the street...so having Gage down there with me is not a safe plan...and he's not about to go for anything that involves leaving him in the backyard & not out in the street with me...

David brought some Mandevilla plants that will hopefully take off & grow on the fence. They're supposed to make big pretty flowers...


Mom was nicknamed "Garden Girl" for the day...

Story behind that: Mom showed up at my house looking all cute. I immediately pointed out that her outfit was not "bust-your-ass-doing-yardwork" appropriate.

Shortly thereafter, we're in the backyard, and I ask where Mom is. Mario informed me that she was inside, probably putting on her "garden outfit". Not her GARDENING outfit, but her "Garden Outfit." So, from then on, she was "Garden Girl."
:)

Mario found a teeny tiny grass snake.

He let it go in the rocks. This one did not get thrown into the neighbor's yard...although I think that most of his family members & little snake friends have relocated there, thanks to me & my habit of snake throwing.

...it all looked so much better when it was all done!


Found a cute little snail...


It was a good day.
A long one, but a good one!
:)

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 5:00 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Looks great!

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

I love your white picket fence AND The Garden Girl does nice work :)!

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Judy said...

The mandevillas will be GREAT - huge leaves, love to climb, great flowers. Protect them in the winter, though!

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

The yard looks fabulous and so does your mom!

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

What a beautiful yard...what I could see of it!! OH, and there is absolutely nothing cute about that snail!!! =)

 
At 4:41 AM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

It looks so great.. it must feel great too to have it done! Your yard is B-E-A-UUUUU-tifull .. in the words of Bruce Almighty anyway. You and your mom look so much alike.. so beautiful

 
At 5:54 AM , Blogger Beth said...

The end result is beautiful and you are SO lucky to have had all that help! Great family and friends.

 
At 6:59 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Yeah, I got about 8,000 cute snails that I hate. Ya want em?

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Beautiful yard! I still can't believe you actually touch snakes to throw them over a fence. Thinking about that gives me goosebumps.

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Your mom looks too cute for words.

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

What an improvement!!

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger A. Nonny Mouse said...

Gak! That snake squicked me right out. And I KNOW it's not that big, but STILL. *shudder*

Anyway, your yard looks awesome! What a blessing that your family was able to help you get it all done.

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger kimmy said...

Yard work is so rewarding! You did a great job!

Kimmy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home