Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Leave me Alone.

Photobucket

My head feels like it is going to explode from allergies.

I think that Allegra is officially useless. I feel horrible.
Or, maybe it's an incredibly powerful drug, and I would feel 8 million times worse if I weren't on it.

I don't know.

I just know that I'm sneezy, and coughy (is that a word???), and my eyes feel like they are going to pop out, and my ears feel like they are being slowly pushed inside out from the pressure of my brain being coated with useless snot.

Everytime I bend down to pick something up, I feel like the inner contents of my skull are sloshing around slowly, and it hurts.

Other than that....life is suuuuu-per.

We had a play-date today with Stephanie & Justin. Justin's only seven and a half months old, so he wasn't much up for playing....but Gage was so sweet & gentle with him. We moms had the kids in the strollers & made a few laps around the park. Justin was so content to just watch Gage, and at one point, Gage was softly singing to him. It was very sweet. Justin loved the baby swings, and the boys had a great time.

So, I was outdoors for HOURS today, which is what really exacerbated this whole allergy thing. I walked over 2 miles today. My hiney muscles are sore! Some parts of the trip to the park are hilly, so I worked those gluts!

AAAAND: the new furniture came today. Lovin' it. Lovin' it.
We don't have to repaint in here. It all looks really nice together. But, we've got to get new living room window treatments. I've got the white wood blinds to put up, but they need curtains in between because it just doesn't look right otherwise. It's 4 windows wide, so...it just needs curtains. I haven't exactly found what I want yet, but I'm pretty flexible. I'm sure I'll find something soon. OR, maybe I'll make some. I want a sewing machine for my birthday....so we'll see. I should probably buy curtains, and as far as sewing goes---start out with something...smaller.

Anyway.
Happy Wednesday.
I'll be popping Benadryl soon & taking my hiney to bed.

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At 6:14 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I'm sorry your allergies are so bad. Allegra never worked for me. Zyrtec was the best of the prescriptions(and now non-prescriptions I guess), but I have to supplement it Benadryl. Zicam, the allergy spray, is actually pretty helpful at certain times, so maybe that would help? They also have a sinus one.
As for the sewing, curtains could actually be a pretty easy thing to start sewing with, because you should only be sewing in straight lines, no curves. I know there are several different styles of patterns for curtains. Glad you like your new decor!

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm not sure if it was allergies that I was having troubles with or a kickass cold, but I got doped up on some nyquil for a day or two and I feel great again. Pollen sucks.

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I'm so sorry! I take Zyrtec, but I suspect that's why I'm so sleepy all day.

Where can I get me one of those tissue dispensers?

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger Christy said...

I have a sewing machine, and I have no idea how to use it. Hope you have someone to give you lessons!

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Cheffie-Mom said...

My daughter and I are right there with you!! They have been awful here in Texas. Sorry your not feeling well...glad your have a doc you like though! Bad doctors are the worst. I love your latest posts. Sorry I have not been blogging lately! I have been taping shows which I am excited about because I was able to post them on my blog YAY!! If you get a chance to check it out, then let me know what you think. The more feedback I get the better I can make the segments Also, your stories are great and my whole idea behind this show is for other moms to share real stories like you do. Anyway, I’d love to hear from you.

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Allergra did not work for me. Zyrtec did not work for me. I just got a new 'script for Xyzan (or something like that).

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger Barrie said...

Did Allegra used to work for you? With my son, it worked for a while and then just...stopped.

May you feel better tomorrow.

Loved the pic by the way!

 
At 3:12 AM , Blogger Laura said...

allergies are the worst - take care!

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Everyone's allergies are worse here (in Canada) since hazardous chemicals to kill weeds have been banned. Just read an article about acupuncture reducing allergy suffering. Might want to give it a try. It's helping my back and I used to be such a skeptic.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

Ugghhh....allergies are miserable! I used to have lots of problems with mine when we lived in Texas but since moving north they have been better!! It has been a nice break but we are moving to florida this winter so i have a feeling i will be fighting that battle again....=( Hope you are feeling better today!

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger PinksandBluesGirls said...

I hope you are feeling better!! There's nothing worst than that AWFUL feeling!!
Hang in there!! Love your blog!!!
Best,
Audrey

 
At 5:18 PM , Blogger Burgh Baby said...

I want that hat. I must have that hat. Oh, it will be mine.

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I am so sorry that your allergies are so awful. Hope you get some relief soon. Can't wait to see pics of your new decor!

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Shawna said...

Lainey is that you in the picture? If not that woman has an uncanny resemblance to you. Allergies are awful. Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 4:33 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I thought my allergies were acting much worse for the last week, then I thought it was a cold. Now I am not sure. I woke up with your symptoms and I am out of sudafed! I tried zyrtec this winter and it kept me up all night for days. I took one this afternoon because I was desperate. I can breath now but I have been talking too much and feel a bit wired. Hope you feel better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home