Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mommy Injuries...

So, Thursday night, Gage was in bed with us. He leaned forward, grabbed the blankies & his Teletubby doll, and SLAMMED back....into my face.

It immediately started swelling around my eye socket & cheek bone. I just knew it was going to be horrible. I was afraid that my cheek bone was fractured because it hurt so bad to open & close my jaw & just move my face in general.

In the end, the bruising & swelling has not been so bad. And, the bones aren't broken (luckily, I work in an ER, so I've got the hook-up there...)

Pic Taken on Friday, and really---it's not too bad. The swelling was worse Thursday night...So, it's my right eye & it's covered with makeup/concealer. Really, not bad.


Pic Taken on Saturday, little more bruising...yuck.No makeup.

8 Comments:

At 10:09 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

You should be like me and threaten you husband that you are going to use the pictures in future divorce proceedings...

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

funny---but the first thing out of his mouth was "You better tell everyone that I didn't do that!"

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Owwwwie...but kinda funny about using the pix to threaten your hub...hehehe! Wow, apparently little guys have some very hard heads because that is quite the shiner you have there.

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Wait, wasn't this the same Gage who was chastising others for hitting? Mr. Anti-Spanking? Not that he "hit" you, but still...

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Oh, and I guess he only cares about violence against children, not adults. ;)


Glad you're OK.

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Ah, the perils and dangers of motherhood!

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Love said...

dang...that had to hurt!! your skin is beautiful. =)

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

oh.man.

**ouch**

They can really pack a punch those munchkins. I got wolloped the other day, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home