Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Saturday Night Cookout....

We cooked out at Pop & Gammy's on Saturday night.
Dad's in town this weekend, and he's got Allen with him this weekend...so, we cooked out over there.

It was fun!

:)

Me & Allen

...and Gage's head right there!

My dad...caught off guard by the camera!


"Kicky Ball" (not to be confused with soccer) in the backyard...


My papa, outside watching the boys play...


Gammy gave Gage TWO ice cream cones after his dinner...


And THEN, she made him a plate of two strawberries, and some sugar for dipping. We can see how that went...

He licked the plate clean.


Needless to say, Gage was W*I*R*E*D for the rest of the night!


Me & My Gammy


A good time was had by all.

The random upset of the evening: we were sitting in the living room, and I think it was Hubby who saw some children outside in the street. Little ones. I'd say one was probably a year old, and the other was a little smaller than Gage, and not as verbal. He was probably 2. IN THE STREET. We went out there, and I scooped them up as they were climbing the stairs up to the neighbor's front door. We know my grandparents' neighbors, and this set of little ones does not belong to them. So, we're going door to door---we're asking the older boy where he lives...in both Spanish & English, because he looks like he may be Hispanic. The neighbors on the other side of Pop & Gammy were having a party, so we asked if they belonged at the party...no.... By now, I'd say 5-7 minutes has gone by, and Gage is starting to flip out b/c I'm holding a baby that is NOT him. So, as my Dad is dialing the police & talking to the 911 operator, a woman comes out & collects the children. Hubby was LIVID about the situation, and the woman just kept telling him that she didn't speak English...so, when I started asking her questions in Spanish, well, suddenly she felt like she had some explaining to do. I think she was their grandmother, although I never asked & she never said. I helped her carry the kids home, because the 2yo definitely did not want to go with her. He busted out of the fence/gate that encloses the driveway. He used a kids ride-on car toy to wedge the gate open & keep it from reclosing. (He may not be very verbal, but he's pretty freaking smart...) So, he busted himself & his kid brother out of the backyard. The grandmother was inside doing something with potatoes. I think peeling them. I can ask quite a few things in Spanish...but, listening to the answer at 90 miles an hour is not so easy for me!

So, crisis averted. It could have ended so badly, but it didn't.
:)

What else happened on Saturday?
Hubby washed & waxed my car.
Now, he's super sunburned.
And, it rained this morning.
So much for all that hard work.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 8:40 PM , Blogger Kate said...

It always rains after you wash your car. ALWAYS.

Glad you guys had a good time and that the escapees got home safely. My brother hopped a fence when he wasn't yet two and the neighbors found him at the park 2 blocks away. My mom still shivers every time she tells the story.

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

You are such a social worker!!!! Well, and a mommy and a concerned citizen, but....you know! Glad you had a good time with your dad.

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Must have been scary finding two wee ones in the street like that... I would have taken them straight to the police station! Then their 'parent/grandparent' would have learnt a horrible lesson... never take your eyes off little ones! Our Griffin was an escape artist so we put locks on all the windows, gates etc! And he gets totally 'wired' after eating too. BOYS!

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

It did rain? I thought my husband was messin with me.

Bet that won't be the last time you see the little escape artist. He is a smart one.

 
At 3:34 AM , Blogger Laura said...

What wonderful photos.

Thanks for sharing - sounds like a great weekend!

 
At 4:20 AM , Blogger Beth said...

I never let my kids out of my sight at those ages!
Lovely pictures - you've got one good-looking family.

 
At 5:14 AM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

lol... always does! WOW you had a very very full weekend!! And you still have a day left.. lol...

One day left.. so many children to save... SUPER LAINEY TO THE RESCUE!!!

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

It's awesome that you were around and able to help find where the babies belonged! I'm the same way when I see "strays" and then I get super ticked later. What is wrong with some people/parents?

Either way, I'm glad you were able to find who they belonged too, hopefully she will keep them out of the street from now on!

lol, what's with grandparents always thinking they can give the munchkins whatever they feel like. Hop em' up and send em' home!

Hope your memorial day is great!

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

I would have been LIVID too. Great pics.

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger Blinds said...

You are so blessed that you live so close to your family!

I hope that kid wasn't running away from anything too terrible! :(

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

THat must have been scary for you. I have to admit, my little girl escaped from the back yard last year while she was out playing with her big brothers. A neighbour was bringing her home before I realized she was gone. That was flippin' scary!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home