Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, May 04, 2008

All American Day....

I tell ya what....Saturday was just the All-American Day around here....

I woke up early & did a little shopping with two of my neighborhood mommy friends.
:)
I was back home before my guys were even awake!


I took Gage for a walk in the stroller. We walked about a mile....

I did dishes, laundry, folded clothes...
Trip to the grocery store....

Hamburgers were cooked & eaten for dinner, and there was a friendly game of "hut-hut" [football] played in the backyard.
Of course...I was dressed for my morning outings, but spent the afternoon & evening in a sweatshirt & pajama pants! Why? Because Gage & I gave the dog a bath. Of course, letting the 2 year old be in charge of the water makes his day, but we all ended up soaked in the end. Oh well.... it was fun.

Pics from the day:










Other highlights from Saturday, 5/3/8: Gage told me that I am his best friend.
I'm his best friend.
HIS. BEST. FRIEND.
That feels awesome.

Of course, tomorrow, Eddie [the dog] could be his best friend...but I don't care. I've never been his best friend...or not that's he's told me, until Saturday...so it felt pretty awesome.

And he called Darnin' & spoke with her on the phone for seven & a half minutes.
And...even though she had a house full of company, she still just sat there & listened to him talk...only understanding about half of what he said... That's just her love for Gage.
:)

Anyway...it was just our hamburger-laundry-grocery store-football-call your grandmother-kind of happy day.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 6:15 PM , Blogger Judy said...

What a GREAT day...football in the backyard - I totally miss those days (Travis is too big for stuff like that - wiffles are routinely hit over the fence, and his pass plays in football will break the back fence, so we've had to outlaw backyard ball).

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

And his mouth looks loads better.

I am Zakary's best friends too, that is until the neighbor's cat comes around.

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Those are the best kinds of days. =)

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

Awww, Lainey...this post made my little Grandma heart go pitter-patter again! I know that Darnin' would have stayed on the phone for an hour if Gage would have wanted to talk that long :). You had such a great weekend, and those pix are so cute. Since I stalked your site and looked at all the pix of Gage, it's easy to see how much he's grown! What a sweetheart...and his Mommy is his best friend. That IS awesome! And too sweet for words.

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

A pretty perfect day if you ask me, hanging out with your best friends. What a sweetie!

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

That is just so gorgeous! I love talking to my grandkids on the phone too!

 
At 7:00 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

What a great day! Those pics are wonderful, too. Looks like you guys had loads of fun!

 
At 8:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see that your hubby is feeling better & is able to be outside with you & Gage. I hope things continue to improve. Turns out my MIL is Jacob's best friend, but maybe one day it'll be my turn.

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger Angel said...

how great is it to be his best friend??! Let's hope you stay that way...even when he's older.

and your husband is looking good...how's he feeling?

great pictures and there aint nuthin better than pj pants and a sweatshirt!!!

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Laura said...

What lovely photos.

Looks like Daddy is feeling better - hope so.

Best friend. Sigh. Sniffle. Heart swelling.

Thank you for sharing.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Love said...

i LOVE those kind of days. so, so glad that you had one!
and i love that 7 1/2 minutes with a house full of company....THAT is the best kind of "grandma" love.

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

How cool is that!?! I want to be a best friend!!! :D

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger zirelda said...

What a wonderful day for you all!

 
At 6:11 AM , Blogger kimmy said...

I LOVE those kind of days!

Kimmy

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

What a wonderful day!!!! He is seriously so cute and you are so blessed. I am happy for you. I love days like that.

 
At 6:39 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

Love it! And I LOVE that picture of you and Gage (second to last one). That looks frame-worthy...he looks so happy!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home