Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Whole New World.

So, it's raining today. But, guess what? (1) I don't have to go to work, & (2) I have a garage!

...and remember when I said, "clearly I'm expecting this garage to change my life..." Yeah, I was right. So far, using the garage makes me shake, sweat, & almost sh*t my pants. It's a ton of fun. I highly suggest everyone take a turn at parking your brand new freakin' dream car in this shoe box of a space.

Now, I'm told that when you have a garage w/ 2 entrances (one entrance per car), that this door is standard size for that type of set up.
Well, fuck me.

I get to make about a 26 point turn just to make sure that I am perfectly aligned with the opening. Here comes the shaking...and I'm already sweating.
As I inch forward, I'm convinced that I am going to slowly scrape the sides of Car #2 along the door frame. I have to give a little gas to get over the cement lip, and of course, I'm not THAT used to driving Car #2, so I almost shit myself when I ALMOST run into the wall that marks the end of the garage/beginning of the house. Yeah, I'm sure our Home Owner's Insurance doesn't cover stupidity.
"Maam---you're too stupid to own this car. We're repossessing it b/c you're a dumbass."
"But----I made the payments on time!"
"That's not why we're here. You clearly can't park the S.O.B., so we're removing it from your possession."
Okay....that above conversation didn't really happen...but I can feel it coming.

Oh yeah...this whole garage thing is going to change my life.... In fact, yesterday it kept my ass home. Why? because the car was in the garage, and there was no place that I wanted to go bad enough to get it out of the garage. I'm sure that pulling it out will be easier that pulling it in....but still. We stayed home.

Oh, I just couldn't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait to have a garage....

Labels:

24 Comments:

At 6:24 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

i just hate parking in general. the worst though is when my husband is parked behind me and a little to the left outside the garage and i have to back out without scraping the side of my car down the side of his preshus suv. i seriously freak out and lose my shit and pull in and out and in and out until i'm sure the neighbors are giving me dirty looks or just thinking i have one of those weird ocd disorders where I can't leave my house until i pulle in and out 38 times.

and, i can't for the life of me park straight in a parking spot!

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Be careful what you wish for!
You'll get better with practice - if you practice...

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Our garage is so packed but when I do need to park in the garage (like a hail storm or something) I just use the car to push all the boxed back...I imagine you would need a diaper change after watching me park in my garage then.

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Hopefully it will get easier for you. I know this won't help, but my husband and I have both hit the garage door rail at my parents house. Our cars weren't new or anything, but he hit it a week after we were married and was really embarrassed.

 
At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely end up hitting some part of the car, I have terrible depth perception. I'm sure it will get easier the more you practice... so you better get practicing :-)

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Jen said...

I feel ya. We have a looong driveway that I have to back out of onto our street. I suck at backing up, but I have to manage to do it every day without hitting a.) the neighbor's car b.) any plants on the side of our house c.)cats d.)pedestrians and I don't know... e.) the garbage can that is still in the curb since we are the only ones on our street that cannot bring their trash can in after trash day. Sheesh!

But yeah, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time! : )

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Angel said...

eh....just park outside and LOOK at your garage!

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger For the Love... said...

I agree with the last Beth...park outside and store all of your crap in the garage. My parents store a fully decorated Christmas tree in theirs.
I am a freaky parker too...I will not park in a space on the right if there is already a car parked to the right of the space...just freaks me out.

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger A. Nonny Mouse said...

You will get better at it. Promise. Have Damon park the car where it needs to be to clear all sides (so you can get in and out and the garage door will go down) and then find some landmarks so when you pull in the next time, you can make sure you're in the right spot. In our garage (has one door for 2 spots, so it's bigger), I have to pull in until I'm even with a bucket of birdseed and then I know that I'm in far enough so that the door will close without closing on the back of the van.

PS: LOVED your comment on my blog. LOVED it.

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

I can't even tell you how many times in high school I wacked the mirrors off my dad's taurus. Good luck!

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Oh man, that stinks! I am the world's worst parker. It take me 8 tries to get my mnivan into a damn parking spot at the grocery store. Your experience sounds nerve wrecking.

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger Reid said...

We have a mark on the wall that shows where the side view mirrors should be so we don't hang to farr out on the back or hit anything in front of us. It helps. I read the other comment that talked about aligning with bird seed, but my luck is someone would move the birdseed...

 
At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I hear ya! I would be so scared to go into the walls. I don't even like indoor parking garages. I prefer outdoor lots. I know if I had a garage I would park in the driveway!

 
At 12:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FhXLOY Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

 
At 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yMfcj9 Nice Article.

 
At 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MBFkeJ Please write anything else!

 
At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

 
At 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

 
At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

 
At 7:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

 
At 11:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

 
At 6:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

 
At 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cJF6k7 Wonderful blog.

 
At 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home