Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Baby Gage is TWO! Can you dig it???

Two years old. I cannot believe it.
He has grown & changed so much over the past two years...from this teeny tiny brand new pink baby....to a toddler with a mind of his own.

We had his party Saturday.....and I'm warning you all now, this post is very long w/ lots & lots of pictures.

:)


We rented a 'Bob the Builder' Bounce House.
Honestly, Gage hardly ever watches Bob....but they didn't offer a 'Handy Manny' one, and this was the construction theme we were going for...

In line with the construction theme...the cake, made by my mom, "Memma"...

...complete with construction machinery, power lines, & utility trucks.
Gage is 2...Can You Dig It???

There were exactly 40 people here...including the birthday boy....a bit much for one little 2 year old...and so, at one point during the party...he demanded a time out to just veg...


But that was short lived....and he was up & going again!


And then it was time to eat...& CAKE!

Well....we hadn't practiced blowing out the candles since his birthday last year...so, he forgot. Allen blew out his candles for it...and afterward, Gage clapped & yelled, "Yea! I did it!"
Sure you did, big guy!

And then...he used his little construction toys to drive all around the cake, and scoop up icing...and dig into the side of the cake & icing mountain. Forget the fact that neither Damon nor I washed Gage's hands prior to the big cake event...and we sliced up that cake & served it anyway. None of the guests said anything....and I really didn't even think of that detail until I was looking at all the party pictures after the fact...


Birthday Family Photo (please disregard the fact that Gage was totally enthralled in the TWUCKS, and blissfully unaware of the camera)


There were TONS of gifts....Oh my goodness....Gage was into the first 2 or 3, and after that...he could have cared less about opening gifts. He wanted the first 2 or 3 reeeeeeeeeeally opened, and we all know---they package kids toys like you just bought volatile substances that need mega-protection. Seriously----they could do with fewer x-tra long twist-tie things, and anything that requires opening with a phillips head screwdriver is just cruel & unusual punishment for parents across America.


And of course, Trystan, the wild man, was there.
I just LOVE this picture of him!


And then there was THIS:

....THE AFTERMATH....

We were so tired at the end of the night. When the last guests left around 9pm---I suddenly realized how TIRED my feet were. Ugh.

So, the party was on 9/22, and his REAL birthday was 9/23...
Just to take you back....two years ago, I went in on 9/22 in the morning, and I fully expected to have my baby by 6pm. No such luck. Gage was FINALLY born by c-section at 3:59 am on Friday morning, 9/23/05.

And to think back to that time....he was soooo tiny, and so brand new....and I had so much to learn about him...his little body....his little personality....and parenting in general. Just so much has changed in such a short period of time. Now he tells me when he wants something....or does NOT want something...he has preferences...he says, "I love you, Mommy." He says "thank you, Mommy". He yells, "Come In" when he thinks you are knocking on his bedroom door.... Oh, he's just his own unique wonderful person. Now granted...he's moody & just may melt into a puddle of screaming & fit throwing toddler if the wind blows the wrong way...but so be it. All of the good outweighs the fits. The fun outweighs the struggles... He's my buddy.

Anyway....yesterday...on his official birthday...I had the best of plans to head out to the Plano Balloon Festival.
I had no idea how incredibly TIRED I would be....or rather, how tired we all would be. We played with toys & trucks, and hauled acorns around the living room. Gage & Daddy built a fort with Lincoln Logs (Um....Daddy had more fun with those than Gage did---just so we have that on the record...)


And so...on his birthday, he woke up in his new construction-themed jammies, and opened more gifts!


...and then we plugged in his new DVD player & put in the movie "Cars". None of us had ever seen it....so, we popped some popcorn, popped the movie in, and snuggled in for the adventures of Lightning McQueen.

Good times....

Labels: ,

31 Comments:

At 8:08 PM , Blogger Judy said...

First of all, the pictures are adorable...LOVE the pjs! Those are great!

Secondly that cake absolutely RAWKS. Wow.

Third, can I borrow your theme for Tyler's third birthday in October? We're doing something constructionish, and it is only for his little preschool friend party (not the family), so I doubt any of the same people would be coming from you up there to our party at Landa Park down here. Okey dokey?

Seriously - good times...glad you had a wonderful weekend!

 
At 9:56 PM , Blogger xxxx said...

Soooo cute! It looks like so much fun!

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger Love said...

glad you all had such a great time! it's just amazing to look back and see how ridiculously quick it goes, isn't it? gage is adorable! =)

 
At 12:37 AM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

That cake is so awesome! I love Gage pictures because, really, he's the cutest!! You are so pretty.

I love it all :) So happy and sweet.

 
At 3:00 AM , Blogger Mrs. J said...

Oh how I love kiddie parties! The cake is awesome!

 
At 4:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great party! I'm glad everyone had such a great time, especially the birthday boy. Happy Birthday, Gage!

 
At 6:38 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

judy---of COURSE you can take the construction theme. I'd love to take credit for the whole idea...but sadly, TONKA beat me to it....

Party City had tons of TONKA decorations & favors. Good times.

:)

And everyone else....thanks for telling me how cute my child is. Can we moms ever hear that too much? I don't think so!

And I agree about the cake. It DID ROCK! My mom makes AWESOME cakes. She's so creative!!!!!!

 
At 6:46 AM , Blogger For the Love... said...

Great cake!!!! Love it! The pics are wonderful-I don't have a single birthday picture of the kids at that age with out them covered in frosting.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Sounds like a great day all around. Just turn on Fox 4 and you can see what you missed at the balloon festival...and since Fox 4 plays the same damn news over and over again, you wont miss a thing.

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

How adorable. Rach's party was the 22nd and her birthday the 21st. We did not have 40 people, more like 16 and I was still exhausted.

Love the cake.

 
At 7:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww so sweet! My youngest went to a friend's construction themed birthday party when he was 5 and he said it was the best birthday ever.

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm just going to look around here too, if I may.

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

I love the cake, very clever. Sounds like a fun party. Tony likes the pictures and wants to know if Gage can come over to play sometime.

 
At 7:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that cake! Your mom did a spectacular job on it.

It looks like Gage had a wonderful 2nd birthday!

 
At 7:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so a couple of things:

~ my oldest had hives like that when he was a year old and just off of penecillin for an ear infection. My doc said that the hives were an allergic reaction to the penecillin so he made a note of that in his records and never gave it to him again, always opting for an alternative antibiotic when he needed it and my son has never had hives since. It was scary as hell b/c he looked so....diseased!

~ I laughed at the lady in your class with the teenage daughters that she said were 'at home not having sex'...okaaay, but kids are going to do what kids are going to do no matter how they were raised. Parents have to be prepared to be disappointed some of the time.

~ and as for being a 'new mom' it looks like you got a good handle on things.

 
At 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are GREAT! It's seems he had such a good birthday. I love the cake. Your mom is SO CREATIVE! I;m glad tou all had a fun day.

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger Angel said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...I love finding new blogs to read and I really, really like yours.

Like you, I am a mom, even tho mine a bit older than Gage...love that name, by the way.

And uh, grandma can MAKE A CAKE!!!!! HELLO! Work of art not to be eaten! But I love that you let Gage play in it and then served it to everybody. Priceless!!

I'll be back!

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Glad the birthday party went so well. Love the pictures - my favorite is the one of Gage driving the truck through the icing and cake!

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Christy said...

WOW - I can't believe your baby is two! His party looks like it was lots of fun.

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

awww happy birthday!

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

What a great party! Did he like the Bob the Builder thing? That looked fun to me. I have to agree with everyone that that cake is amazing. I can't even imagine doing a party for 20, let alone 40. All that while going to school and working? You arre definitely a super mom!

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger Em said...

That cake looks amazing! I want some!!

Happy birthday boyo!

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger S said...

Awesome! Happy B-day Gage!

 
At 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Gage!

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

Awww... that sounds like the absolutly perfect day... okay couple days!! My daughters party is this sat... thanks for getting me hyped up and excited about it

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

HOLY PRESENTS!!! THAT IS INSANITY.

also..the blackberry shake was even better tonight, i ate the rest out of the freezer as ice cream

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Cat said...

Hope you enjoyed Cars because you're likely to watch it a bazillion more times. Or maybe that's just our house.

The party looks like good fun. Looking at the pics was like training for my son's party this coming weekend.

 
At 6:45 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

okay so i just went back and looked and that is the same party decor we had for brandon and almost the same cake so of course i just loove what you did for gage! I'm still in shock over the presents though, holy moly!

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Oh my gosh you guys went all out! I really wish they made those bouncy houses for grown-ups. Recently our neighborhood had a block party and they put up a giraffe bounce-house for the kids and I wanted to jump in it sooo bad!! Also, your mom did a FAB job on the cake. Wow!

All this excitement makes me want to take a nap! :)

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Beenzzz said...

Looks like Gage has one fun party!

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger Gina said...

Awww, Happy Belated Birthday to the little guy!

But, am I the only one who is a bit disturbed by Bob's position on the bounce house? It's probably just me.

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Laine:
I am so sorry to be so late on this. But congratulations! Two! And that is an amazing cake. I'm sure he loved it. I made the mistake of showing Nicholas that picture and now he wants his cake to look just like that for his birthday. NEXT SUMMER.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home