Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, September 14, 2007

My buddy...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well...it's Friday, and I haven't posted in a bit.
And today, I shall post about Wednesday....

I'm at work right now, and mega-missing my buddy. I did NOT want to leave him this morning!

So, on Wednesday night, my husband went out for poker night.
It was approaching bedtime, so I took Gage into the nursery to rock.
And that's where we talk.
It usually starts with me asking, "Did you have a good day today?"
Anywho...on Wednesday night, we were there in the rocker. Lights down low...just the two of us.
Gage: "Daddy gone go to work."
Me: "No, Daddy went to play poker."
Gage: "Yeah! Daddy kick-ed da ball!"
Me: "Well, that's SOCCER. Daddy went to play POKER."
Gage: "Yeah Daddy!" [clapping]"Daddy kick-ed da ball!"
Me: "No, he went to play poker, with cards."
Gage: "Daddy cars go beep-beep."
Me: "Not 'cars', 'carDs'"
Gage: "Beep-beep. Daddy poker."
Me: "Let's practice blowing kisses again." [because clearly, the above conversation, while cute, was going nowhere.]
Gage: "mmmmmmmm-WAH" [throwing a kiss] "Bye Darnin"
(after a few of these kisses & 'bye darnin', it dawned on me----my MOM calls Gage "darling", and that's what she does EVERY time we leave or she leaves, she blows kisses & says, "Bye Darling". Oh, it was truly just the cutest thing to see him blow kisses while we rocked & say, "bye darnin". After that, he would blow kisses and say, "bye annen" (Allen).
Oh, it was so wonderful.
Just a really good Mommy moment.

Another little funny Gage thing....
Well, we went ahead & let him start playing with his little kitchen (yes, I KNOW it's supposed to be a birthday gift....but whatever......)
He LOVES the "miker-wave". The way he says it is so cuuuute! "Miker-wave".
And...he puts his dinner in there...so far I've cleaned corn & grapes out of the "miker-wave". Oh, and FYI: the thing doesn't hold water either. But hey---thanks buddy for trying that one out for me. I just looooooooooooved soaking up the water on the floor!

Potty training update: we are by no means there, and really have no consistency with this YET. His 2nd b-day is going to be like the official kick-off for potty training season. I know that people say that boys take longer....so, my goal is to have it done by his 3rd birthday. I'd love to not have to buy diapers & pull ups any longer! Or at least for 24 hr/day coverage. Anyway...that's my goal---be fully trained by 3 years old. And....I've already resorted to the bribery system. If he pees in the potty, he gets 5 dark chocolate M&Ms. And sadly, last night I promised him that if he poops in the potty, I'll give him the whole bag! I think we're a long ways off from him pooping in the potty. He prefers the privacy found behind the rocking chair or under the kitchen table for pooping. He refuses to poop in the potty. In fact, he pretty much refuses to sit on it too. He would rather us pull out the little bowl part, put it on the floor right between his legs. Then he stands up to tinkle. (yes, I did just type that word. I like it. I prefer it...so live with it!)
Anywho....
Our next mission, should we choose to accept it: Potty Training of Little Mr.Get-My-Way.

I just want to go home & play kitchen & be with my baby!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet mommy/buddy story. Kids are so smart!!! He knows when you are saying good bye to use the word "darling". He's soooo cute!

Good luck with potty training! I hope your work day goes by quick!

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Awwww! Video him saying miker-wave...

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

That's so cute--all of it. I had one of those days too, where I wanted to be nowhere else but at home with 3B. It would have been harder work than being at work, but, oh, so much more fun.

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger lisa said...

I have yet to attempt potty training, being a mother of a seven month old, so I don't know really if it would be better or not, but I always thought that the little seats that fit on the toilet would be easier to use. 1. there would be any clean up and 2. it would make them feel more like a big person. Of course I also suggested to a friend to try cheerio's to help with aim and apparently that resulted in a sprayed down bathroom!

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Reid said...

Aww, I think I'm in love with Gage. I love it when you type out your cute little conversations--its so adorable!

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Liv's favorite pooping place was under our dining room table. It was how I got her to go in the potty for the first time. I saw her weaving slowly over to crawl under the table and just caught her hand and steered her to the potty. She wasn't pleased at first, but caught on.

Potty training was not a big deal. But, getting rid of her pacifier was hell.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home