Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, September 28, 2007

HOWDY FOLKS!


That's Big Tex.
He greets everyone at the Texas State Fair, by saying, "Howdy Folks! I'm Big Tex."

And today....TODAY IS THE OPENING DAY OF THE STATE FAIR OF TEXAS!

I love State Fair time. Love it.
When I was younger, we used to get a "fair day" off from school.
The fair is so awesome. We took Gage last year.
It's expensive....but, to me----so worth it. THE STATE FAIR ROCKS!

If you want to see a schedule of events, (for you locals) or ticket prices, etc....
www.bigtex.com

8 Comments:

At 9:28 AM , Blogger kat said...

I have never been to a stat fair but it looks like fun. Let us know what you were up to

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I love the State Fair too!!! So fun!

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger Em said...

You know.... that just how i imgine things in the states, looks great!

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

Fun fun!! So what all do you get to eat? Fried Twinkies? Funnel Cake? Cotton Candy??

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

the only fried thing at eat at the fair are the corny dogs.

so for me...i want a beer, a corny dog, a turkey leg.... & lots of water!

I am soooooooo not into the fried anything!

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

love love love fairs. have so much fun!!

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Now only do the kids get a day off (2 in fact) but they also get free tickets.

 
At 5:45 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

zephra----that's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home