Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, September 29, 2007

So sweet.

It's just amazing to me how Baby Gage's little mind is working & his speech is improving every day. He is able to express himself better....sometimes describing his surroundings....telling me what he wants, and you can just see his little mind working, trying to express himself.

He's a fan of that "new car" smell. I was loading him in the car yesterday morning. (Oh yeah, Car #2 is officially home, and officially MINE!) Anyway, as I was putting him in his seat, he said, "Smells like ah da lotion. Like ah da lotion in my nose. Smell ah da lotion in my nose." I asked if he liked that smell, and he said, "mmmm-hmmmmm."
So cute. I'm not sure where all the extra "ah" & "da" sounds come from....But, it's so cute to hear him.

Then last night---we were laying on the couch. He was at one end, and I was at the other. He reached down & took my hand & said, "Mommy pet you?" He wanted me to rub him! When he's taking his milk, I usually rub his little head, and chest, and back, and legs...okay, I just lightly rub him all over! I just love him. so anyway, last night, that's what he was wanting. So, I snuggled in, and rubbed his little chest & he turned a bit. I rubbed his back & legs. He snuggled in closer & closed his eyes. It was just what he was wanting. To snuggle with me & have me rub his back.
It was soooooooooo wonderful.

As moms, there are so many icky tasks we do. So many un-fun mommy moments like when Gage is in the middle of a fit & screaming....and then there are moments like when he WANTS me to rub his back that just make up for all of the hard stuff...it makes up for all of the gross parts. It's just so wonderful.

:)

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 6:37 AM , Blogger Angel said...

OMG...that is the cutest thing I have ever heard in my whole 29 years of life!! ;) Gage will be a good loving man someday...you can be proud.

And I love how he talks!

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Cuddle that little body while you can! When they get older, hugs are the closest you get. Hugs are great but not quite the same...

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Zakary loves to be rubbed too. that is how I know he is tired. He climbs up with his cup of milk and asks me to rub his back but apparently, my husband is a better rubber because he always chooses him over me.

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

that's so sweet!

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Christy said...

What a sweet little boy. Porgie likes to cuddles sometimes too, but theses moments are rare.

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger Mrs. J said...

awwww that's so sweet of him =)

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Antropóloga said...

That's adorable. What a sweet boy!

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Em said...

How sweet! Just the little things that change them from been a monster!

Billy now does kisses with a wide open mouth and this morning he climbed in me put both his hands on my cheeks and gave me a wide open kiss! My heart just melted!

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

what kind of car is number two we need pics

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That is so sweet. My cousin's daughter used to say "I wanna hold you," when she wanted to be picked up. I always thought that was so cute.

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Yes, Gage says, "Mommy hold you?" like a question when he wants me to pick him up.

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Jen said...

What kind of car did you get? I love new car smell? What IS it about new car smell?!

Oh and I love hearing about the sweet, tender moment between mom and baby... So many people these days are only telling me about the negatives. I am so OVER IT! I want to hear the positive parts of parenting too people!! : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home