Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bye Bye...

Bye Bye Back Hallway/Weird Space.


Bye Bye Home Office room that we never used, but we put random stuff in there & the decorations were hodge podge.

Bye Bye Laundry Room that was also a bathroom, and weird.

bye Bye "White Room" that we used for storage. (we called it the white room b/c the walls were white, and the cabinets in there were white...everything in that room was...white!)

AND HELLO TWO CAR GARAGE!

Okay...our house was built in 1949. It was the first house built in this neighborhood. The builder built it, and then moved in. He then began to build others home around it, and started the neighborhood. The people who owned this house before us bought it in 1951, and lived here until 2004, when we moved in. While they owned the home, they took the 2 car garage & changed it into 3 rooms: the weird laundry/bathroom, the "white room" that we only use for storage, and the home office room that again...we usually only use it for storage. We used to use it as a computer room, but since we got the laptop & wireless internet---we aren't really tied to any one room for computer use.

And, with the addition of Car #2 to the Casa de Lainey-Paney, we felt the space would be better used if converted BACK into the garage. Now, there is some sacrifice here....the laundry room will be no more, and the washer/dryer will be out in the garage. Ok. I can handle that. The weird bathroom that was raaaaaaaarely used will be no more. Not much of a sacrifice for us...except when it comes to resale value; we'll be down one washroom. So what? The hubby has grand plans for the new master bath & walk in closet, which has been an ongoing (read: started, but currently no progress to report) project.

So, the garage...One side at a time. The demo has been done, and the first garage door is up...the tracks are being installed as I type. Good times.
The original wooden garage door was still here...but it's wooden---really heavy. I liked the look of it, but it didn't have the motor. In the event that I ever had to manually raise it, I don't think I could have done it. Plus, we need TWO garage doors, and only one was still here. The other opening has sliding glass doors there for now...(but not for long!) anyway, the new garage door was purchased yesterday at Home Depot...and the motor & tracks, and all-things-garage-door are out there being installed.

Anyway...I am very excited. I have never lived in a house with a garage. I have no idea what it is like to not go out into the rain, load a baby in the car, & not be pissed about the weather. Clearly, I'm expecting this whole garage thing to change my life!

:)

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

I loooove when our garage is clean enough (i.e. no major projects being done out there - it's my husband's work room) to pull my car in. Do you live somewhere that it snows? You'll save so much time not scraping your car!

Enjoy!

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

We live in Texas. We're lucky to get a few flakes each year...

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Oooh, you will love garage life. All sorts of things will find their way out there. We have a two-car garage, sure would be nice if we could actually get TWO cars in there!

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Beth said...

We have a garage and I used to be able to park my car there until it became full of kids' toys.
Now it's full of BIG KID toys - hockey bags, etc. (And it snows here...)

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

My laundry is out in the garage and it is the thing I hate the most...and there are a lot of things to hate in my house. I would love to actually park a car in the garage but with 6 of us, there are too many bikes, scooters, boxes of old clothes, etc to even think about it. maybe some day.

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Sounds nice. I have never had a house with a garage either. You'll have to update us, and let us know if having a garage really changed your life.

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Wow, sounds like an exciting project! You are so lucky to have a house that old. I love old houses!

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Now I am new to yours! Hello!

 
At 6:50 PM , Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Oooh, and I generally respond to comments at my site as well as via email if you have an email address I can find. I like keeping in touch with people!

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Antropóloga said...

Good luck keeping it clean. I have never ever parked my car in the garage bc it is filled with my husband's crap.

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Lizzie said...

It will totally change your life. I'm not even exagerating. I love my garage.

 
At 12:09 AM , Blogger kat said...

We have a garage too. We hardly ever use it now in fall. It is neither to hot or too cold to let the car outside. So out of laziness we don't bring it in. It is great in winter though. Saves you an extra 10min that you don't have to scrape.

 
At 6:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the New CAR & the GARAGE! I envy you, since when I had a car I had to park in the street, where you could potentially drive around for 40 mintues looking for a spot. You will be in HEAVEN! Enjoy!

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Well how fun is that? I've had a couple of garages. I think they were both built in the days of the Model A. The first one I could barely fit my 1972 VW Bug in. Actually I could get it in, but I couldn't get out of the car after that. So it was used for storage. The one we have now is a bit weird like that but we're turning it into a glass studio.

Enjoy your garage!

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That is exciting! So many new things. A new car and new garage to go with it! I bet you're counting the days until the next rain just so you can load Gage in the car and not get wet.

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Jen said...

OMGosh Jealous! Our garage is out in back of our house, so one way or another I have to walk through the rain to get to it. Also, my car is not and probably will never be parked in there as that space is full of HUSBAND's POOL TABLE.

So... Yes... Jealous! : )

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Congrats on the converting back to a garage. We plan on one day building one. I can't believe we have waited this long. Congrats on the car too.

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Kate said...

This is the first attached garage we've had and we love it! I can't imagine wrestling a baby into the car in the rain, etc.

When I first met him, my hubby had a separate garage behind the house that meant walking in the dark to the laundry and also washing frogs who hopped in, but that's another story.

Our first apartment together had a carport we shared and a scary skinny driveway we had to back out of. Oh, and a gate we had to unlock and lock manually. Now we can just push the button and the garage door magically opens! (I'm a dork, but I do love our garage)

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

you will love not climbing into a hot ass car in the summer... Your AC takes like 2 seconds to cool the car.. You will however HATE to park at the store because your car will then be hot!

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger Gina said...

I love my garage, but we are one of the only people in our neighborhood who can actually park both their cars in it. Most people have too much stuff! They are stuff magnets!

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

ahhahaha.. tell me if it changes your life.. i might just have to get me one of those!!!

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger hellomelissa said...

excellent! i love having a garage for all of our crap.

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Angel said...

It WILL change your life....in so many ways!!!!

I think that area you pictured is kinda pretty....where is that? I like that candles.

Just don't let your husband ask MY husband for help!!! ;)

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Beth, that is standing at the doorway of what used to be the office/computer room. Down 2 steps & to the left you have the door to the white room, and then the laundry room next to that. So, the area in the picture is the weird little back hallway area.

Soon, it too will be gone to make room for garage space #2.

 
At 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She let her gaze trail slowly up the smooth, bare skin of his legs. Salin had accepted that from the time hed first seen his brother as a babe. His harsh words rode their storm, a garrote of meaning that made her gurgle. Eyrhaen sipped her wine and decided that, tonight, she would be in a good mood. He kept everyone else safe from her while she fought for control. Hyle sat forward with a similar expression, Gala hovering at his side. Had grown up together under the same master. With his second shout, she released both his pleasure and the spell. Her tears mingled with the oils that slowly dried from Hyles skin. Eyrhaen bobbed her head, loose hair falling forward over her shoulders. She barely restrained the urge to push up and seal her lips to his. He waited until her brain caught up, and she blinked dumbly up at him. Would you let me go? Oh yes, this was right. Tykir shook and shattered, eyes closing on a heartshattering moan. She let him lead, reveling in his strength. She blinked, never having seen it from that angle. She nodded, understanding the attraction from Brevins, Lanthans, and Tykirs points of view. Breathing quickly, she brought their foreheads together. He laughed, pulling his mouth from hers after a few steps.

 
At 12:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A guttural male bellow bounced off the cavern walls as that wouldbe rapist fell back. Radin, however, turned to face her with a bright smile that showed clean white teeth. Tears spilled down Savouss cheeks when he laid his cheek on top of Irins head. He didnt look up. She clutched him, snatched at her thoughts like fireflies flitting about her.
[url=http://cumonshot.1sthost.org/index11.html]free facial cum shots[/url]
[url=http://cumonshot.1sthost.org/index12.html]vaginal cum shots[/url]
[url=http://cumonshot.1sthost.org/index13.html]blonde shots her pussy cum everywhere[/url]
[url=http://cumonshot.1sthost.org/index14.html]vaginal cum shots[/url]
[url=http://cumonshot.1sthost.org/index15.html]video cum shots[/url]
[url=http://cumonshot.1sthost.org/index16.html]young male cum shots[/url]
[url=http://cumonshot.1sthost.org/index17.html]free male cum shots[/url]
[url=http://cumonshot.1sthost.org/index18.html]free cum shots in ass[/url]

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot redheads for free

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home