Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Answer to your question...

So, the question was posed over at RocksInMyDryer.typepad.com, about where to keep a bottle of spray bottle cleaner, out & about in the kitchen, rather than under the sink.

Um...I don't have an answer to that specifically....but I have a fabulous bottle of soap in my kitchen. My husband hates it; I love it; & I forbid anyone to attempt to toss or destroy my soap dispenser.

It's a tequila bottle w/ a pour spout. It screams, "I just turned 21, and I'm cool b/c now I'm old enough to drink!" ....but, it's full of liquid dish soap, and it's all mine. I will not drink tequila anymore after the night that bottle was emptied, thank you very much.
I may or may not have drank the worm. I can't remember if there even WAS a worm.

But, I buy yellowy golden dish soap so that the old folk will freak out when they come to my house & I keep the tequila right there---out & about on the counter.

...I dare someone to take a shot. I'll cut the limes.
...and then I'll laugh my a$$ off as someone burps bubbles.

Dear Tequila Bottle: I love you. You've been with me since 2001. You are my friend. You've been so dependable through the years. You are mine, and I love you. So what if your contents are now a bit less intoxicating. You know how I too have grown & changed over the years....and now, getting my dishes done IS quite exciting. I promise, I will always protect you, and refill you as needed. I will clean the spout regularly, and strike down anyone who attempts to throw you away or destroy you in any way.
:)

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At 6:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine when you become a senior citizen you can retire the bottle and get something more fitting for your age...like a giant mustard bottle or a thimble.

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Totallyscrappy said...

I have an olive oil bottle because I wanted a pretty, useful item to put my dishsoap in. Well, it is pretty, but the spout it too narrow. I'm off to the party store... for dishsoap storage.
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Angel said...

I use the real stuff....works great!

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger S said...

I used to have a decorative bottle for the exact same reason. J thought I was bonkers.

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

We used to have 2 Corona bottles as our salt and pepper shakers, but my will power wasn't as strong and I ended up giving them to a male friend shortly after he eloped. I'm sure his new wife enjoyed the strange wedding gift. He certainly did.

 
At 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's a pretty funny way to dispense dishsoap...I might have to try it sometime just to see the reaction I get out of people.

I still drink tequila though.

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger LaShawn said...

I love it!!!! I need to get me one of those. It would kill my inlaws!

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger Maria said...

The one and only time I did a pole dance was after tequila shots...

You keep that bottle, Lainey. You have earned it.

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Good times!

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

that is a really cool idea for a dish soap dispenser... pic please :)

 
At 12:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

7RpXPr Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

 
At 11:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

qvSGBx Please write anything else!

 
At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

 
At 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

 
At 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

 
At 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

 
At 11:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

 
At 2:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

 
At 6:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

 
At 11:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

zvy6rF Hello all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home