Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, May 03, 2007

All up in my goodies.

Today...I have mega-cramps.
Mega-mega-cramps.
Mega-times-infinity-cramps.

And today, Pamprin is my best friend.

Last night...I had mega-times-infinity-cramps, & took 3 Ibuprofen & 2 Benadryl before bed. (the 3 Ibuprofen for pain, and the 2 benadryl for sleeping purposes...)

Today, I'm groggy/tired & crampy.

Hello, Endo.
Let's see...not the LAST Ob/Gyn appointment, but the one before that...talked with my doctor. He said that it sounds like the endo is back, and we could have another lap if I wanted. [he isn't a surgery pusher...we talked about other options as well... & brings up issues like quality of life & things...so, I don't want any of you guys thinking that he just pushes surgery all day long...b/c he doesn't.]

Something that may be effective in alleviating the pain around period time is birth control (i.e. the ring, or pills....) So... we could..."put the goalie back in the game" so to speak (Thanks Megan's Friend for that little phrase!) which may help with the period related symptoms...but not the other endo symptoms.

I dunno what we're going to do.

I just know that I will get through this period...and then I'll be better until next month. The other symptoms don't go away, but they aren't as horrible as my mega-cramps today.

I just want to go home.

6 Comments:

At 11:00 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. Do heating pads work? I used to make these little herbal "hot pads" out of cloth napkins and they really worked for me and friends with mega cramp issues. If you don't sew, you just need a smallish cloth bag that can withstand microwaving. Put a bag of dried lentils into it (less than a buck at the grocery) and the contents of a mint tea bag. Then sew the bag shut (or fold down the top and maybe use a rubber band?) Run a little water over it and pop it in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. The mint is aromatherapy for pain and the heat helps soothe the soreness. The lentils keep the heat well and it's easy to re-use. Hope this makes sense and helps!

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger A. Nonny Mouse said...

I am also sorry that you are having a hard time of it. I have almost forgotten what it is like to have nasty period cramps.

My solution? You could have another baby! :) Gage is so cute, he'd totally love a sibling!! :)

Sorry. Had to say that.

Feel better soon!

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger amyerj said...

I heard about some kind of uterine scraping thing they can do now to help w/bad cramping... was a "simple outpatient" thing... I thought seriously about trying that, but haven't gotten around to it.

Of course, I think it diminishes your chances of making Gage a big brother... is there a plan for that?

- Your nosy friend

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Maria said...

I had endo too. I was all set to have surgery if it didn't get better in 6 months and then I started menopause at the ripe old age of 45 and it went away.

I think you are much too young for menopause, though...

Hope things improve...

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger xxxx said...

Ughh, that is the absolute worst. I do a hot shower, a heating pad and lots of drugs. Of course, if you're at work, it's a whole nother ballgame.

 
At 5:56 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Yes, giving Gage a sibling is one of the options.

My husband is totally ready for that.
Me...I have my moments of "baby fever"...but I have my reservations right now too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home