Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Nose Knows.

...well, the nose knows a bad thing when it smells it.


So...sometimes, smelling ISN'T such a pleasant thing.

In fact, today, I just smelled something that is definitely up there on the top 5 bad smells.

Today's smell: the smell of apathy, mixed with a little gutter punk & meth-breath.
Yes, these are the terms I give to someone who doesn't care about anything...no longer bathes, and tends to no hygeine needs, because, quite frankly---they're just not as much fun as getting high.

So...I could take the high road & discuss all the various factors that influence a person's predisposition for substance use that can lead to a state of addiction.

Yeah, I'm not going to do that.
Right now I'm going to b*tch about the smell.

Today's current smell has been outdone in the past by the following:
1) exploded breast tumor
2) deteriorating skin graft
& today's smell is tied for 3rd place with the following: the GI bleeds (both human & animal...because I've actually had the opportunity to smell both. they both stink.)

Oh, the many many joys of working in hospital.

5 Comments:

At 12:32 PM , Blogger Maria said...

I know. I know. I worked in a hospital for many years and one of the first things I learned was to breathe through my mouth instead of my nose if I wanted to avoid throwing up.....

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger amyerj said...

Yuck, you've smelled an exploded tumor? I knew I avoided the medical field for a reason. ewwwwwwwwww

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger mist1 said...

My sense of smell is too sensitive to work in a hospital...or really around people in general.

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Reid said...

Add those to the top 10 things they didn't tell you you'd have to do when you started out in social work...I many on my list as well, working in mental health.

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Lizza said...

I have nothing but respect for you hospital workers. You guys have stomachs of steel.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home