Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Even for ME?



So um....if I start shrinking when I'm older, I'll be going back to the booster seat!

Seriously...if this was in effect when I was...oh, say, in high school: I'd have been getting a new car & a new booster seat!

"Oh, hi, you're here to pick up my daughter for a date? No problem, let me just grab the car keys so we can switch her booster seat on over to your car!"

I'm just barely over the cut off now & I'm 28 years old!

Crazy, I tell you. Crazy.

...not to say that I disagree w/ it or anything...lord knows I have not conducted any studies about carseat safety...I'm just sayin': when I saw the commercials...I cracked up thinking about the number of years I would have been in a booster seat!

www.boosterseat.gov for more info.

:)

7 Comments:

At 10:51 AM , Blogger Loukia said...

Hi - just wanted to say that I love your blog! I have a 21 month old son, too. ;)

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger amyerj said...

wow, I've been seeing the commercials, but didn't think about the implications for "less tall" adults... hmmmm, there's got to be a better way???

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Okay...really---it's 4'9" & 80 pounds or less.

I weigh more than 80 pounds...so that knocks me out of the booster seat category right there.

I asked one of our car seat inspectors here at the hospital...

 
At 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg I laughed OUT LOUD.

And I used to be 5'5". Now I'm ALMOST 5'4". And of course, my feet went from 7.5 to 8.5 after having 3 kids, too.

God's little joke on ME. lol

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

I thought that was pretty funny, too, since I know there are some adults that aren't that tall!

At least you are over the weight category so if the cop stops you for being too short, you have an out. ;-)

Thanks for visiting my blog, too. :)

 
At 2:55 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

I'm with ya down here at 5'0"!

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger Maria said...

I'm 5'1 but I lied on my driver's license and said I was 5'3. It just made me feel more real.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home