Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

While on vacation...

I have school work to do.

(www.nataliedee.com)

So, I have GOT to get off the internet & do some school work.
So much for Spring-Freakin'-Break, right??

I've got a 2 hour 50 minute presentation due one week from today.
Hello Solution Focused Therapy Presentation.
Currently I SHOULD be working on reviewing past research in this arena, and also critiques of the brief therapy model.
SFT or SFBT...so far, seems great.

A part of SFT or SFBT is posing "The Miracle Question"...
If you went to sleep tonight, and a MIRACLE happened...when you woke up in the morning, your life was just as you want....your problem(s) was(were) solved...what does that life look like? Tell me about that life....
[bloggers, just for fun...feel free to answer this if you feel so inclined...whether you post it here or not...I bet you'll think about it!]


Additionally...
I have a take-home quiz due for my Thursday night class.
Here's the deal...we were supposed to have an in-class quiz/test last Thursday. But, Teacher didn't feel well & the class was cancelled. Now it's a take-home, and we have to email it back to Teacher by Thursday at midnight with our answers.
I'm kind of pissed.
I studied, dammit!
I fully expected to go in there & rock it. Now everyone else (who may or may not have adequately prepared for an in-class exam) has the same advantages of time & text. Ugh.
I'm such a snarky-academic-over-achiever.
I admit it.
I NEVER used to be this way (right Melis & Jess???)
Now, I really want to be DONE with grad school. I want that Masters, and I'm paying to be there!
Get me the Hell out of Grad Schhhhooooolll!

...and, can we revisit the topic of a 2 hr 50 min presentation?
KILL ME NOW.
I hate presentations like this, and it's supposed to be THREE freaking hours long!!!
Ugh.

Must stop procrastinating.
Must stop procrastinating.

6 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Blogger Kila said...

The miracle questions, hmmm...I have 3 boys that I would keep, ha! I'd trade in my hubby though, sorry. Could I wake up with an additional bathroom and bedroom added onto our crowded house, and a new roof on the house? And a new, higher paying job? That would about do it.

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Oh, god...it's a miracle...I would be rolling in dough. Yup. That's me, the material girl. Most of my problems are about getting all those bills paid on time and in full.

And I HAVE a masters...I figured once I had that, I would have the money too. Unfortunately, I didn't count on having a child that I wanted to spend time with more....

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

My miracle would be to have a life free of migraine headaches. A life free of headaches would be positively blissful!

You can read my full post about it on my blog.

www.thesmallmoments.typepad.com

 
At 9:58 PM , Blogger Da Mommy said...

Well, I'm a snarky academic over achiever as well...I would have reacted the same way about the quiz, LOL!
The miracle question...hmmm, well, new higher paying job, kids that know responsibility and hard work are the ticket to life, a family that knows that Jesus is the way, and good health. I might trade the husband and one kid...I'll keep the other since it's my miracle :-)

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Talia said...

I love Natalie Dee! I assume you also know about www.toothpastefordinner.com


Fantastic sites that make me giggle incessantly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home