Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Saturday.....part 2.

Okay...so, where did I leave off?

Oh yes...we just arrived in Salt Lake City.
So, we go to baggage claim...
and wait...
and wait...
and here comes our big suitcase! Yes!!!
...and we wait some more...
...and some more...
...and our flight-members have all come & gone...
...and now we're surrounded by all new people from a new flight with new luggage.

"Where the F*** is my Louis Vuitton Freaking Bag?"

Um...hey, airline....where the F*** is my Louis Vuitton bag???
1) losing luggage is such an a$$-whooping.
2) It's my freaking LOUIE! This is only my 2nd time to carry it.
3) Maybe I never should have checked it. I just knew that someone STOLE it.
4) [and this one is the biggie...] It was filled with BORROWED ski clothes.
Remember me thanking Megan & Stephen for the ski clothes....well, I called Megan & told her that the bag was unaccounted for. I felt sooooooooooo awful.

Then...we rented a car.
Hello Gage's 1st car! It's an Aveo.

It goes from zero to sixty in about half an hour. Look at the speedometer. It indicates that the car will go up to 120 mph. Um...right. Sure it will.

It's so tiny & our big suitcase almost didn't fit in the trunk!
Word to the wise: ALWAYS pre-arrange a rental car. Airport rates for rental cars are super-sucky. I saw some prices a while back for rental cars in Savannah. (we're going there in May) They had compact or economy cars for $7 per day. Yes---SEVEN dollars.
For our Aveo, we're paying $27 or $28 a day. ARRRAGGHHH!
So anyway...the car...really, it's perfectly fine.
I'm not ready to run right out & buy one or anything...but to just get around...I don't want to spend more money on a larger car. I just don't want to do it!

Get to the hotel...check in...
Set up computer...
Look through some local newspapers & travel guides...

Went to dinner @ the Cracker Barrel.
Decided to catch a movie.
Went to this movie theater...it has an indoor play gym, area for a magician to put on free magic shows, indoor mini-golf, indoor carousel, indoor bumper cars, roller coaster, arcade, some twisty-turny-i'd-throw-up-if-i-got-on-'em-rides, an ice cream shop, area for private parties, & skating rink. Oh, and they also show movies there.
It was AWESOME.
And, they had this offer...we didn't do it, but they had a "date night" package. For $30, you get two adult tickets for a movie, a large popcorn, two drinks, 2 passes for either skating or mini-golf, and a large ice cream sundae to split.
Now that's a good deal if you ask me!

Anyway...we went to see the movie, "The Number 23". It was sooooo awesome!....until we both fell asleep.
The movie started @ almost 10pm SLC time, so it was 11 DFW time, and we were sooooo tired!
We saw some of the movie, fell asleep, woke up, & left early. We were tooooo tired to stay. How pathetic is that?
We're soooo old!

Okay....something I saw in a local newspaper last night: Nine Inch Nails...remember them? Well, apparently they are putting on a free concert here in Salt Lake City tonight. They have a new CD coming out, and they are playing the songs tonight...yada, yada....all sounds fun, and I'm a big fan of "free"...but here's the irony....It's at some local church.
A church.
A church?
Yes....a church. Nine Inch Nails, performing in a church.
So, maybe they've done a complete 180 since I last really listened to their music...but, I have a hard time imagining any church allowing a live (or pre-recorded, for that matter) playing of the "I want to #@%*% you like an animal" song. So...I just found it odd.


Sunday has been equally eventful as Saturday.
I'll post more later!
:)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM , Blogger Da Mommy said...

Wow, $30? I can't even get me and my DH INTO a movie hardly for that, without all the other stuff (which you have to fill out a visa application to buy practically!).
Savannah, is great, I went their last year on a "girls week", very nice!! Nine Inch Nails at a church? Okay that is bizarre...is it a Wicca church or something? LOL!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home