Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Friday Night! Woohoo!

So...it's Saturday. We're in Salt Lake City as I am posting this...

Friday after work...
Rushed home.
Packed Baby Gage for his trip to Memma's in Tyler.
Dropped Eddie (the dog!) off at the vet. He'll be boarding there until our return. We'll pick him up all happy & clean. He likes boarding there. (...I think.)

So, went to the Mother-in-law's to pick up Baby Gage.
Well...he's had an accident.

I'm posting this, but not proud of it. [that comment will make sense shortly]
My little boy: he was running in the front yard/driveway area....um...ran into a parked car. Fell onto the pavement. Scraped his knee & face. He has a bright red scrape at his upper lip & nose area.

...um...yeah...my child ran into a parked car.
Thank goodness he's so cute...it may be his looks & amazing dance moves that carry him. Clearly we're going to have bust our parenting asses when it comes to fostering his "commen sense" abilities.

So...anyway...made the drive through the country out to Terrell to meet Mamasita (a.k.a. "Memma").

When we pulled up for the trade-off (because my mom's soooooo sweet to meet us & not make us drive 2 hours one-way to her house!), Baby Gage was very asleep...with his sippy clenched in his teeth...


He woke up...said "Hi" to Allen & Memma...and here, you can see the big ouchy on his face!


And then....we got him strapped in. Allen has a portable DVD player for the car with 2 screens. Gage was entranced. I mean...entranced.


Now, in the past I've had mixed feelings about the portable DVD players for cars...thinking that "kids" in general watch too much tv...etc. I am afraid that if we get one, that Baby Gage will expect a movie for every single car ride...
But....he didn't cry. He loved it.
And, in the past, Gage has screamed & cried from Oklahoma to Dallas on a road-trip back when we took a trip to Turner Falls. Perhaps if we'd had the DVD player then...we would have all been a little less frazzled when we got back to Dallas!

Anyway...after that, we went out. We met Megan & Stephen at our friend's bar on Greenville [The Public House]. We had to meet up with M&S to borrow their ski stuff (THANKS SO MUCH!) & we felt like stopping by Josh's bar...so it all worked out to just meet there. Got to catch up with Josh & Tori (Josh's wife) & hang out with Megan & Stephen. It was a good time.

2 screwdrivers & a shot later (something called a "Surfer on Acid") it was time to go home.
Went home...went to bed....ahhhhh sweet slumber!
And then Saturday morning....
I woke up a little before 8. (Damn circadian rhythm...)
When I woke up...it was like I could feel every milimeter of my brain, and I was VERY aware that it was confined by my skull.
I'm such a lightweight. And so out of my old-school-partying-ways.

Today...water? "Yes, I'll have 2 please."
{little joke...but my parents will CERTAINLY get it!}

2 Comments:

At 7:16 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Oh, yeah. I had two appletinis last night and you would have thought I drank two quarts of vodka by the way I was stumbling around.

When I was in college, I could drink football players under the table. Now, I have two appletinis and fall asleep in the bathtub when I get home.

I am so old.....

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger amyerj said...

I'm so glad I didn't have to deal w/the DVD issue (my kiddo is 14).

I'm sure I'll face it in another 20 years when I'm a gramma (fingers crossed here), so here's my best-laid-plan:

2 hour minimum. If we're running errands or just going somewhere close, it's all conversation, songs and highway games. Anything more, and yes, that DVD will be turned on from the get-go. But, maybe in that future state we can fly to NYC in under an hour in our Jetson-car? And maybe the TVs will be implanted into our sunglasses by then?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home