Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, December 11, 2006

Friday....

Well, on Friday, after work, Mark & Jana came into town. They had a happy hour here locally with a bunch of old friends. They stayed with us all weekend & are leaving today. We didn't go to the happy hour...

...Gage was already in bed when they came in. Jana was 3 sheets to the wind! She started telling me about their day & all of the running around they'd done in preparations for her sister's graduation & graduation party. Anyway...it was so funny...she was drunk & said that they went to "Holly Lolly"...she meant to say, "Hobby Lobby".

Oh, good times.

Mark & Jana live in Atlanta (well, outside of Atlanta). Mark is Damon's best friend.
Jana just recently had to have a total hysterectomy. I'm not really going to go into all of the details...but apparently she was quite sick, and they did all they could to save her ovaries, but were unable to. Everything happened & they didnt get to save any eggs or anything (the ovaries were diseased & the eggs would not likely result in pregnancy if fertilized anyway, & if they did, they would not likely result in a viable fetus)... So, here's a young couple, no kids, & now, no ability to ever get pregnant or have a baby.

They wanted to wait on becoming parents for a few more years before this whole hysterectomy thing came about. Now, all of a sudden, it's all they can talk about: becoming parents. I get this. I understand that they didn't want kids for a while, so it was on the back burner...now all of a sudden, that ability is taken from you, and for me, it would just be all-consuming. It would be all that I could think about, dream about, talk about....I would live & breath to find a way to be a mommy. And, since adoption can sometimes take FOREVER, I understand the sense of urgency they must feel.

So, poor Jana is still grieving the loss of her ability to become pregnant, her ability to carry a child, and the child-birth experience.
I can imagine how she feels...but I have no idea how that actually feels.
I know what it feels like to fear never getting pregnant...but I dont know what it feels like to know that you'll never experience that.

I just couldn't imagine not carrying Baby Gage in my big fat pregnant belly. I couldn't imagine not nursing him. I just don't want to imagine it.

So, pray for Mark & Jana. They're going through a lot. They've made it over the physical recovery from surgery...but the emotional things they are going through...that's got to be so tough.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home