Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, March 06, 2006

A belt & suspenders...

The title of my blog today comes from an email that I received this morning from my OB/Gyn.

I emailed his nurse asking about the mini-pill, weaning from nursing...& when to switch to combination birth control pills. Gage & I are weaning. I say that we are both weaning--because WE are. I miss nursing as often as I used to. Gage seems to be okay. Every now & then he'll refuse a bottle & ONLY want to nurse. But--my milk production is way down. Now, I only nurse around 5am, and 7 or 8pm. And even then, he has to have a bottle after nursing to get his tummy full. I havent been able to keep my supply up to meet his demand for some time now. But--we're all okay with the weaning. There are times when I get sad about it--but I can bond with him just as much while giving him a bottle. And, he's starting to hold the bottle on his own...so, it's like we're working together to make sure we're each okay with this...

ANYWAY...I was put on the mini-pill for birth control while nursing. Dr.Brough told me that for it to be most effective, I need to pump or nurse every 4-6 hours. Well, now we're not doing that, so I was asking if I need to go back on the regular pill. He said no, not yet. But, he said that we may want to use condoms as a backup method. And, he further stated...and this is what had me laughing:
"To enhance the efficacy of the mini-pill, you may want to add condoms, but that is just like wearing a belt and suspenders. The mini-pill by itself is still quite effective, as long as you do not miss any pills and are consistent in your time to take it. Remember, no method (other than abstinence) is 100% effective."

He just cracks me up. I'm a 27 year old married woman. Go preach abstinence somewhere else! ...but the belt & suspenders part...teeheeheeee....

Moving on....

Movie review: "The Constant Gardener"...I liked it...but it was a little long. I think it could have been cut down a bit. But still---good. Damon was very disinterested in it from the beginning.

Didnt work at all over the weekend. That was very nice!

Stupid Awards show was on last night---so no Grey's Anatomy...

Baby Gage is just perfect. He's such a happy boy!
He loves Saturday morning cartoons. He loves rolling over. He loves playing with the telephone, remote control, or calculator. (Techno-junkie). He loves sticking out his tongue. He loves grabbing Mommy's hair. He loves chewing on Mommy's chin. He loves walking in his walker, and he loves to watch our dog. He loves standing. He loves his Blues Clues mini-radio. He loves songs, especially "Mr.Squidgy Pants" & "Nakie Boy".
("Nakie Boy, Nakie Boy. Gagie is a Nakie Boy. Gagie is a Nakie-Nakie Bo'eeeey")

Anyway...he's perfect.
And now--for the pictures.
Saturday Morning cartoons:

(Am I a terrible mom for letting my 5 month watch cartoons??)



Out & About with Mommy & Daddy:


Anyway...That's all for today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home