Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Career Choices...

Grad School.
To do, or not to do?

Wanted to be a doctor.
(wanted that for yeeeeeears.)
Changed my mind.

Wanted to be a nurse.
Changed my mind.

Wanted to be a Social Worker.
Became one.

Wanted to go into the Peace Corps.
Never did it.

Thought about going to law school.
Decided that it wasnt for me.

And now....

Get my Masters?
1) In my current position, I am the only one across the board that doesnt have my Masters, and my experience & personality (I'm told) is what offset that requirement.
But...there may be an opportunity becoming available in Spring 2007, and I am afraid that the position is going to be for Masters level only...not only will I not have my Masters...but I wont even be able to say that I'm working on it, unless I get my butt in gear.
2) If I go back to get my Masters...I think within 5 years of graduating with my Bachelors, I may be able to "place out" or be "excmpt" from taking some of the courses required for Masters completion.

I have a lot on my plate right now... 2 jobs & a baby....
But--I think it could be time....

What to do? What to do?
Certainly I'd have to cut back on hours @ my 2nd job.
And--I'd get tuition reimbursement from my primary employer.

What to do?
I think I'm leaning towards going back to school.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM , Blogger Elyssium Earth said...

Your "Baby Gage" is adorable. Your Master's in what?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home