Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Our son, "Spike"

Last night, I gave Baby Gage a bath...and just for fun, I put gel in his hair & styled it all spikey.
I now know that I prefer it parted on the side & combed to the side better.
But, we were doing something different.

And, as you can tell---he's still a very happy boy!


Today at work we had our annual "Fatal Choices". It's a program for teen alcohol awareness. We work with the local police department, fire department, school district, and even funeral home to put on this program. It's a pretty big deal here. There is a "fatal" accident staged at the school..."victims" are brought to the hospital by ambulance, and one gets flown here. Then, I call their parents & let them know that their child was involved in a car accident...the parents come...We go through the whole process. Some kids "survive", & some do not. The ones who dont get placed in the morgue. Then we have a little reunion with their parents...lunch...debriefing...Those who dont survive get picked up by the funeral home & they go there. Also, throughout the day---kids are picked up by the funeral home to represent the statistic: (I dont know what the #s are actually)..but for example...if a teen dies every 12 minutes in an alcohol related accident...then every 12 minutes, a teen is picked to leave school & go to the funeral home, and the other students have to go on without that person. Then tonight, they will have a "lock-in" overnight event with speakers & debriefing.
Oh, and there is a fireman who is into theatrical make-up & special effects. So, when he works on the "victims", their injuries look real!

Here are some pictures from the event:

CPR...



Third Degree Burns....



Eye Injury & Broken Neck...(She "lost her eye & has paralysis from the neck down")


Fatal Choices Fatality....



It was a really good program today.


I worked on a budget yesterday for us. It was not fun--but I think it will be very helpful. Damon & I sat down last night & really studied it. We wish we had done this years ago...averaging out our expenses...setting goals for what we'd like to put away in general savings, Gage's college savings... It needed to be done. Had to take the bull by the horns.

Damon made me pork chops & rice for dinner last night. Yummy yummy in my tummy! (Not as great as my mom's...but still, he made it for me b/c he knows I love it.)

We got a new neighbor yesterday. Her name is Gina, and so far she is very nice.
:)

10 Random Things about me....
1. I learned how to drive in a suburban
2. I like flavored coffees
3. I like wallpaper
4. I'm not very good at crossword puzzles
5. I dont know how to play chess
6. I still have a framed sonogram picture on my desk
7. I love my digital camera
8. I was one of the last people to ever get a debit card
9. I hate moving, but love decorating a new place
10. I still have some socks that I wore in highschool: they have flamingos on them

That's all for now!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home