Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, March 03, 2006

Bag Lady...

Okay--it's official. I can be called a bag lady.

When I come to work, I lug the following:
purse
regular bag with random stuff in it...folders, papers, etc.
breast pump (bag-form...Pump In Style)
gym bag
lunch bag.

So, on some days, I may be carrying 5 bags in with me to work.
But, on a brighter note..I dont bring my gym bag everyday, and I dont bring my lunch bag every day.

Today, I was looking for something in my purse. Naturally--I couldnt find it. So, I began exploring the contents of my purse, and just started thinking about the random things that I carry with me every day. Things that are in my purse--that I could put elsewhere, but I dont. Things that I look at occassionally--not everyday---but I just like to have them with me...

A card that I got from my friend, Jamie, on the day that I found out that I was pregnant.
Sonogram pictures taken the day that they thought there might be something wrong with Baby Gage...and it turns out they were wrong. (He's perfect!...and perfectly normal!)
A picture of some of the flowers from Riley's funeral...specifically, the flower arrangement that I dreamed up & Linda Coker created.

Of course...there are also all kinds of random unimportant things in there...
expired Huggies coupon
gas receipt from January
cherry Jolly Rancher that's soft by now
an earring back
lots of random receipts

as well as random important things....
checkbooks
debit card
insurance card
ID
money

And...that led me to my next collection of thoughts:
When patients come into the ER without family or friends with them...we also use the contents of their pockets, wallets, or purse to try & identify them.
What would the contents of my purse say about me? What would people learn about me?
They'd assume that I have a child (diaper coupon...sonogram pictures...) They'd know my blood type b/c I still carry my Rh(-) card... They would know that I'm married--not by my purse contents but b/c of my wedding ring... They could look at my check registries to see how much money I have & what my spending records are.... They would know that I dont clean out my purse very often!

Anyway...those are some of my random thoughts today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home