Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Wednesday...

Well, it's Wednesday already.

Dad came into town briefly. He spent yesterday with Pop & Gammy. Then he came over to our house last night for dinner. We were supposed to go out....but we ended up getting take-out from Chili's. (gotta love the crispy chicken salad! YUM!)

We had a good visit...but by 9, Gage & I were ready for the typical evening routine of one last round of nursing & off to bed. So, I just had to say good-night & head to bed.

Here are some pics of Dad & Baby Gage from last night. I have to admit--Dad looked really good...sharply dressed...looked well rested... He looked better than I'd seen him look in about 2 years!


Gage cant help but turn & look at the camera when we first get it out. He seems to find it so interesting!

Dad just talked & talked to Gage...Gage just kept listening & studying him...

Oh, and Dad brought me an IPOD. Never had one. Still not really sure how it works...but Damon will figure it out & teach me.
I know--I'm a little slow in getting the latest & greatest technology. I've always been this way. I was the last to get a dvd player...I was the last to embrace the debit card....I went for a long time without a cell phone...

Anyway...

TV Time: My Name is Earl...not as funny last night as some of the other episodes...

Damon's Dad is coming into town tonight. The last time he came...he brought so much UT stuff for Baby Gage to wear. I swear, the kid is hooked up with Longhorn gear until he's about 6 or so. And, the story goes: if Gage will be a Longhorn, GrandDaddy Duke will pay for college. I joke with Damon (the big Aggie fan...) that the color burnt orange is slowing growing on him. He totally agrees! Damon says that if GrandDaddy pays for college--all of our kids will be Longhorns!
Oh, the cutest thing Gage got last time: a UT football. It's soft, stuffed fabric...and when you tap it once it says "Hook'em Horns!" When you tap it again, it plays the UT fight song. It is so cute. Gage actually loves it. It kept his attention for 15 minutes the other night. We were all lying in bed, and we just kept tapping it over & over...Gage just kept smiling. Too precious!
...So, Susan & David--you guys ought to love that!!!

Needless to say--I'm glad that I am working Friday b/c apparently that's when UT & A&M will be playing football against each other. I told Damon that the men can stay home & watch that while I "bring home the bacon"!!! Teeheeheee....
Just to mess with Damon, I'm going to dress Gage in one of his many longhorn outfits before I go to work.
:)

That's all I know for now.... Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home