Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, November 07, 2005

My Baby Bumble Bee....



Baby Gage was my baby bumble bee for Halloween!

What did we do for Halloween??? We put his little costume on him (which he hates), and took him out to Rockwall. My mother-in-law lives out there. We surprise-trick-or-treated her. She didnt know that we were coming. Then we took Gage to trick-or-treat at 3 of her friends' homes. They all live in the same neighborhood, and Damon often plays golf out there with all of them.

What else is new???
His nickname. Well, actually, this is one that I forgot to include with the list I made a while ago. This is actually the nickname that has stuck...and both Damon & I call him this: "Mr. Squidgy Pants". Why??? Well...this boy does NOT like a wet or dirty diaper. And, you can always tell when it's wet or dirty, b/c he turns into "Mr. Squidgy Pants". You can just imagine that it feels all squidgy on his bottom!

Gage now weighs 11 pounds, 8 ounces. I can hardly believe it. I really cant believe that he's already 6 weeks old!!!

GAGE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! Actually, for 2 nights in a row now. On Saturday night he slept from 10:30 to 5:30, and last night he slept from 9:30 to 5:00. Woohoo! Am I really this lucky...or is this just some weird passing thing??? I dunno..... but--of course, even if Gage sleeps through the night, I dont necessarily b/c my breasts just may explode around 3 or 4 if something isnt done about them!

Our Anniversary is tomorrow.
To celebrate, Damon took me to Hattie's (the restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner...where we went for our 1st anniversary...). After that, we went to Josh's bar down on Greenville. Damon has this buddy, and I'm friends w/ his wife...and we all used to live at the Station together (lofts downtown where we lived before this house) & Josh (the buddy) & his brother,Adam, opened a bar on Greenville Ave. Josh & Tori both went to Tech--I dunno about Adam--but they get a big Tech crowd together & all watch the games. So, we went there after dinner. I had a blast!

...It had been 10 or 11 months since I'd had a Mimosa, and it was like liquid sunshine! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now, just before leaving, I did a shot...of Jagermeister (spelling???) & something called "Monster". The shot itself was called a Jager-Bomb. Okay...well, I didnt know that the "Monster" part of the drink was like a Red-Bull...nothing but liquid caffeine. Well---this little chicky had cut 99% of the caffeine out of her diet...so needless to say, I was WIRED! Damon's mom was keeping Gage overnight for us (which was a nice break...but still hard!) Anyway...we were home by 11:30...Damon was asleep by 12:15 or so. I was WIDE AWAKE. Around 3 in the morning is when I finally turned the tv of & went to sleep. Oh, after showering of course. I thought I was going to get sick from my own smell: the smell of "BAR". It's a very unique scent...and I hadnt been around it in a long time...so, laying in bed...smelling "BAR" in my hair...on my skin...oh, I had to bathe!

Oh--and for all of you who are now judging me for drinking & breastfeeding: I "pumped & dumped", where you just pump the milk & throw it out. I'd pumped enough milk & frozen it over the past 5 weeks...so Gage has plenty of breast milk to sustain him! Mommy's one night out was not going to kill him!
:)

I go back to work on the 19th. It's a Saturday. I was due to go back on that Friday, but the Saturday shift was open & someone was already working my Friday shift...so I'll go back on a Saturday. Makes me no difference!

That's all I know for now!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home