Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

37 Weeks....

How far along? 37 Weeks (also known now as the week I'm having fun with jpegs & gifs.)

Size of Baby:  From babycenter.com, "Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel." Though, if we recall from last week, the doctor estimates that this little girl is much bigger than that. Time will tell....

Baby Milestones:  According to baby2see.com, "Even though you are three weeks from your due date, you are now considered 'at term'. In most cases, nothing will be done to stop your labor once it starts, even if it is before your 40th week." ...now, if I could only get it started without the use of a knitting needle to break my own water...yes, I'm tempted!

Maternity Clothes: Not quite cutting it. The cute stuff is no longer comfortable. I refuse to buy more maternity clothes. I refuse to buy more shoes b/c they will only fit if they are bigger than my normal size, and I'm not sure if I'll get to wear them for very long. Hopefully my feet will go back to size 6 when this pregnancy is over! Hubby's boxer briefs are the best for sleeping in, and his tees are the best for covering this belly! However....I am sure that Hubby is tired of seeing me in his clothes....

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I don't even worry about this any longer...
 

Gender:  Baby better still be a girl!

Belly Button In/Out: Getting flatter.

Labor Signs: Hell no. I'm not that lucky. I've still got the Braxton Hicks contractions off and on. Some days/some hours are worse than others. I can have a run of 2-3 hours where I'll have like 11 in an hour...and then they taper off, and they aren't making me dilate, so they are just bullshit. Just bullshit, stupid contractions that sometimes hurt, and sometimes don't, and they have no point, and I hate them.

Movement: Mine can be summed up in the following photo:
Yes, I waddle now. That's okay....

Baby Girl's movement: slowing down. I still love to get still and just feel her... The newest thing: her startle reflex is already there! I sneezed the other night, and my abdominal muscles are spread to the right and left now...we went over that in previous weeks. Anyhow...I sneezed and it kind of hurt my tummy muscles, but at the same time, it scared the crap out of the baby. I sneezed and she spread out in there! Immediately, her bum was poked waaaaay out on my left side, and her feet were pushed waaaay out to my right side. It was painful and awesome at the same time. It happened one other time when my stomach growled out of nowhere. She freaked out and spazzed out in there. It was awesome, and less painful....

Sleep: Hit or miss. I'm getting up to use the bathroom a lot, but what else is new? Now, even lying on my sides feels uncomfortable, and I have to put this really flat pillow under the side closest to the bed because it gives the bump just enough support to not feel like it's hanging. The snoring is apparently worse than ever, so Hubby's sleeping has been terrible. Poor Hubby. I mean, I feel for him, but not to the point that I give him permission to wake me up when I'm snoring. That's just crazy.... If I'm asleep, you should only wake me up if you are bloody, on fire, or have a death-wish. I'm just sayin'....

Feeling: How am I feeling? Like telling this baby:
I also feel like I'm crazy 95% of the time. Seriously. I can cry at the drop of a hat, and then be laughing 10 seconds later....or vice versa....Gotta love these pregnancy hormones & mood swings!


Best Moment this Week: I actually choose to believe that the best moment of this week is yet to come. I choose to believe that it will be this Thursday, when I go see the doctor. I choose to believe my OB will check me and he will say, "You're a ten! A ten!"
(Serious points for anyone who can name the movie where the above pic came from, along with the quote, "A ten! A ten!" ....Man, I'm old...)

Food Cravings/Aversions: Still wanting unhealthy options always!
I'd rather eat things like this...
{Please note that I chose the lightly salted chips....}

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night, feet that don't hurt by the end of the day, or swell.... hands that don't swell and fall asleep, my old body.... wearing rings, wearing clothes other than Hubby's! Beer. (...and I don't know why that is! I'm not a huge beer drinker!) I miss having random heartburn---as in, 'few and far between.' This every.single.day heartburn and acid reflux has got to go! (Yes, I'm sure my super unhealthy food choices have nothing to do with it...) Oh, there are so many things that I miss....

What I am Looking Forward To: Meeting this Baby Girl! I'm looking forward to meeting her, and nursing her, and bringing her home!

Next Appointment:  This Thursday. I'll be 37w2d.
{Fingers crossed that I'm "A Ten! A Ten!"...though I won't hold my breath...}  

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:09 AM , Blogger lisa said...

Varsity Blues...but I'm not sure

 
At 5:14 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Yes!!!!

 
At 5:33 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh the waddle. It’s in full effect over here too. Haha, I apparently have started to snore too. And although I feel bad when JJ tells me about it, he snores ALL THE TIME so I feel like I’m just getting him back. I have my appt tomorrow – this time with Chloe I was starting to dilate. Even though I don’t feel like I’m going to make it to my due date b/c of all the pain I’m having, on the other hand I feel like this is some sick game and I will go past my due date. Only time will tell for both of us. Hang in there, we are getting so close!

 
At 5:53 AM , Blogger Eryn Hall said...

37 weeks! almost there! how very exciting :) i found you @ an old BUMP thread. i'm a DFW blogger, too. congrats on your baby girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home