Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, January 28, 2013

Backyard Update....



So, I have some updates on the backyard, which is starting to come together. Don't get me wrong, we still have a LOT to do, but it seems to be coming together!

Pics from this past Thursday:
There are going to be two sheds that are "lean to" style sheds. They are very narrow and will be attached to the house. The one that is framed out in the above photo will will have shelves for outdoor storage stuff, flower pots, etc. The one on the right is a little smaller and in the above photo, only the slab is poured. It will be a shelf-less storage option for pool floats. Yaaaay, I'm so excited!

The inspiration for the sheds:
So, I'm thinking we'll paint the sheds a darker color with the lighter contrast doors. I want the sheds to be a different color than the house so they'll stand out a bit more. I'm very excited about the sheds. I'm a nerd, I know.

Other things about Thursday: the outside temp was in the 70s I think, and the pool heater had been on, so Gage got to SWIM! {Crazy, I know...}




...and then of course, he had some hot tub time...
...and then back to the pool!








Friday's shed progress:



So, there's a lot of mess in our backyard. There's hardly any grass in our backyard. The patio area closest to the house is where the outdoor kitchen will be, but so far, it's just a work area for saws and materials for other projects. Our garage is 1/2 filled with outdoor kitchen components and materials from the closet renovations and all the other projects going on around here!

For the outdoor kitchen stuff, we've picked out the stone and awning materials. {Yes, we're like 70 year olds who are coveting the Sunsetter Awnings. Why? Because if we don't get an awning to cover the outdoor kitchen area, then poor Hubby's bald head will get fried as he's out there preparing my meals! And then I think about the stainless grill handle being in the hot sun all day and burning your hands when you just try to open it! We're getting an awning also because it's easier and more cost effective than extending the roof to cover a larger area of the patio. Awning it is!}

So, my first choice for the awning is the lighter color to match the decking by the pool....and it most closely matches the house paint color, being so light....So there's that.

The opening of the grill was like Christmas in the garage!
So the outdoor kitchen stuff we selected is a modular system that can be configured a bunch of different ways, and it just seems so much easier to buy the sectional units and....it's just exciting. Though, I must admit: I've told Hubby, I barely want the kitchen I have, and I damn sure don't want two! That's because cooking is just not 100% my thing. I cook because it was part of the deal I made with Hubby so that I could be a stay-at-home-mom.


...and on that note:


 Okay, really....I am getting excited as the backyard comes more and more together. I'm ready for it all to be done and plants to be in. This Spring, oh, I am going to be so excited to get some plants out there!!!!

Searching for patio furniture is giving me fits.
Sometimes I think I'm over thinking it, or being too picky. And then I think: WTF am I doing! Baby Girl needs a crib before I need a chair to sit outside! {Which, really....in the anticipated timeline of things to come is not true, but it's how I feel inside. I want to have her stuff settled before I go finding outdoor furniture... It must be a nesting thing...}

TTFN: TaTaForNow! 










Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That looks like so much fun! I had friend with a pool with a slide growing up, and we always had the best time in the summers!

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Very jealous of your pool! By the way, I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. There is more info on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home