Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

21 Week Update


How far along? 21 weeks today.

Size of Baby: From www.pregnancycorner.com,   "Weighing 11 ounces and almost 8 inches in length, your baby is about the size of a large banana and should grow at a steady pace for the next few weeks."

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I weighed this morning before the shower, and I was up 10 pounds even. On the scale at the dr's office, I'm up 12 pounds. Surely I'm wearing 2 pounds worth of clothes... Now, mind you, that doesn't account for the 17 IVF pounds that I put on.... So, best case scenario: I'm up 10 pounds. Worst case scenario: I'm up 29 pounds. I *FEEL* like I'm up 29 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Today's outfit: my super-comfy Pea in the Pod jeggings, an oversized Old Navy non-maternity tunic, and ballet flats.

Gender: Baby GIRL on the way!

Belly Button In/Out: In.

Labor Signs: Not really. I've had 2-3 Braxton Hicks already, but nothing consistent or even painful. Just enough to make you really stop and notice...

Movement: Yes! I had an appointment today and asked if the baby is still breech. I got no definite confirmation about that from the doctor, but ALL of the kicks are at my cervix or between my cervix and about an inch above my c-section scar, so I'm certain that although this little girl has plenty of room to flip and spin, she's not doing it, or she specifically likes using my bladder as a trampoline....

Sleep: It's okay. It's much better than it used to be because my mom got me a SNOOGLE! It's this bizarre shaped pregnancy pillow that is just awesome. Now, if I could just sleep through the night.....

Cravings: I've been trying to fill myself with less junk food & processed food.
See???




Feeling: A lot of anxiety. I think it has more to do with the fact that there is so much going on at our house right now, and we don't yet have the baby furniture or car seat or "big items." It just has me feeling anxious. My brain knows that we have plenty of time to get everything in order, but somehow I just look around and I want SOME PROJECT, ANY PROJECT to be done! My brain wants me to stop, slow down, and stop worrying about it all. So, I have to remind myself daily (...and sometimes hourly!) that we have time...

Best Moment this Week: I  would say that it was this past weekend when I got to go shopping with my mom and she bought lots of baby outfits! Ohhhhhh, that WAS so much fun! But you know what was better? Yesterday when Gage was feeling better in the afternoon, he asked if he could go into the baby's room and look at her new clothes. THAT was the best moment this week. He just flipped through the outfits hanging in there....he'd run his little hands over the embellishments and he didn't say a single ugly or jealous thing. It was SO SWEET.

What I Miss: Being able to sleep all the way through the night.

What I am Looking Forward To: The nursery..... The furniture being here and the bedding, and seeing it all come together.

Baby Milestones:  From www.pregnancycorner.com, "As your baby continues to grow, it’s almost as big as your placenta. Your baby continues to swim around its warm cozy home as the blood circulation is fully functioning. The umbilical cord also continues to thicken and grow in length as blood travels in full force from mom to baby. The digestive system keeps maturing and grows as the intestines learn to contract and relax on their own. The digestive system also gets practice working due to the amount of amniotic fluid your baby swallows on a regular basis. The eye brows and eye lids are fully developed at this point, and the fingernails and toenails completely cover the tips of your baby’s phalanges."

Next Appointment: mid February. 4 weeks from now. We'll have our glucose test then. YUCK. I remember that with Gage. It's super thick and sweet and you drink it. You get all hyped up and jittery and you just sit there and wait. UGH. They draw your blood and send you on your way. Then, you come down from the sugar high and feel like crap!


Heart rates to date: 
6w0d = 92 bpm
8w0d = 180 bpm
8w6d = 170 bpm
12w0d = 148 bpm
13w3d = 155 bpm
21w0d = 151 bpm

So, today I learned that my belly is measuring 2 weeks behind. It's measuring for 19 weeks instead of 21. But, then again, that's just my belly measurement. They didn't actually measure baby today.
At our anatomy scan, the baby was measuring 2 days behind schedule, but it wasn't anything to be alarmed about. Now, the belly is estimated as small, but (1) it doesn't FEEL small! and (2) the dr. says that 2 weeks warrants watching but not worrying. She said that they get concerned when it's measuring 3 or more weeks different from the gestational age. So.....she's not so concerned that she ordered an ultrasound today to check anything. We'll see how we're doing in 4 weeks, and go from there. Also, between now and then, I will pass the date of viability. Currently, Judy is not yet "viable" and well....I just don't want to think about that too much.

Right here and now, she's mine. She's safely tucked away inside of me, and literally kicking (down low as always) as I type this post. Maybe she'll just be small. I'm only 5 feet tall, so it's not like I'm any big giant thing! Maybe she'll just be petite and dainty.

Now, though these pics were taken during my 20th week, and not specifically for today at 21 weeks---I ask you: does THIS belly look small? I think not! I can no longer comfortably button my jammie top!






Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:44 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I could have written certain parts of this post myself! Now that you mention having BH, I wonder if I've had a few too? I never really knew with Chloe and I'm not sure this time around either...but maybe. My kicks are very low too. I was laying in bed last night wondering if the doc would be able to tell his position at the next appt, but it sounds like from your experience it's not a for sure thing. I REALLY hope this baby turns around!! For both of us! And I have anxiety too b/c we have not done one gosh darn thing to prepare for this baby...and probably won't do much in terms of a nursery b/c we plan to move shortly after his arrival. That is added stress right there; how do you not have a sweet room all made up for your baby to come home to? Oh well, I'll enjoy seeing how your room comes together for your little lady instead. :) Love that belly picture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home