Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, September 09, 2012

First Baby Photos!

{Please, please, please Lord, let this work.}


Embryo #1, & Embryo #2




Psalm 139:13-17
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well. 
 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be. 
 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
    How vast is the sum of them!

About our embryos:
Embryo #1 is hatching. (looks like a figure 8)
Embryo #2 has not yet hatched, or at least it had not yet at the time of the transfer this morning. According to the Embryologist, it would likely hatch within a few hours...so, now as I am posting this---maybe it's already hatched!

So, let me back up and talk about the day....
I could hardly sleep. I was awake before the alarm went off this morning.
We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 this morning.

Pics from the morning...





Not too long after these shots, the Valium started kicking in...
...and I had my equal-opportunity-for-gender-socks on.
Dr.C-P & Dr.M came in. Dr.C-P went over the embryo information with us,and showed us our best two for transfer today!
...and then it was time to get rolling. It's sooooo cold back there. This time, I only had to get undressed from the waist down, so it was kind of weird to have a gown over a sweater, but I did it to keep warm.




Then---it was show time!

We all went across the hall. Darnin got to come too. 
As they got me ready, Dr.C-P took Hubby and Darnin to an adjoining lab area and let them see the embryos through the microscopes. They both said it was very, very neat. 

After that, they were loaded into a catheter.....and we got to watch the whole transfer process on a sonogram. We have a sono picture of them actually coming out of the tube into the uterus. It's so neat! 

So then, they wheel you back across the hall for the recovery portion....

{Do I look pregnant yet? Well, do I?????}






In recovery, you rest there until you cant hold your bladder any longer. You get up, you go to the restroom, and you go back to laying down. When the Valium starts to wear off, you're ready to go.
So, Jami wheeled me out, and we headed home.

So, so far, here we are....

...Gage and the two embryos. (he's holding the sono picture from when they put the two embryos in. They are sooooo tiny that you can only see the little bubble around them.)

...if he knew what he was holding a picture of---he'd be sooooo mad!

That's all for today!










Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 5:19 PM , Blogger LauraC said...

Grow babies grow!!

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger Kate said...

So excited for you!

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger Christy said...

So how long do they wait before giving you a pregnancy test! This is so exciting!

 
At 1:24 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

GOOD LUCK!
Won't be too long before you will know if either or both took!

 
At 7:29 AM , Blogger Erica said...

WooHOO!! Prayers for healthy babies!!

 
At 9:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got chills reading your post today! Grow little babies...this family wants you so much! Sending lots of love and prayers your way! xoxoxoxo

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Alicia Brunson said...

Praying, Praying, Praying! To him who is able to do immeasureably more than we could hope for or imagine, according to the power at work within us. Ephesians 3:20

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

You DO look pregnant!!!! I'm so hoping this works.

What does Gage know?

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

Oh my goodness!!! I have chills!!! I am so happy for you and I am thinking awesomely positive thoughts for 2 babies!!! You and your family soooo deserve this!!!

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Miss A said...

So, I just stalked your blog to read about you IVF cycle. I love the Equal Opportunity for Gender socks. I must have some of these for my upcoming cycle!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home