Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, September 08, 2012

A Little Bit on the B Side.

This wine label sums me up today.
I feel like I'm being a little bit on the B side.
...as in, "bitchy side."
And, Hubby would probably say:
   "A 'little'?"
   "Noooooo...." (heavily laced with sarcasm).

Today, I just feel like nobody can do anything right. I'm being a judgmental B, and I can barely stand myself!

On the other hand---I woke up, and I am down 4.2 pounds since the heaviest point after egg retrieval, and my whole pelvic area has just felt so much better today.
So, what did I do? I completely overdid it by being up all day long. I've done dishes, a couple loads of laundry, gone to the grocery store to grocery shop, and ran to Target with Jessica.
And now---I'm totally paying for it.
The pain is back. Not tooooo bad. Not like it was, but it's definitely not as good as I was feeling this morning.

And so now---my current view:
I'm showered.
I'm back in bed.
My mother is here, cooking in my kitchen.
Jess has been here and given me my nightly PIO (progesterone in oil) shot.
I'm waiting on dinner.
:)

Speaking of PIO: Jess and I have a routine. I looked online at some infertility forums and what-not, to get some tips from others who have been there before me.... And now, Jess & I totally have a routine.
1. Ice that ass. I put an ice pack on my fanny about 10-15 minutes before the shot.
2. Warm that oil. I read that sticking it in your bra will warm it to body temp & make it easier. So, we do that.
3. Put weight on the opposite leg/foot. So, if I'm standing, I stand on one leg and kind of bend over. (nice imagery, right? It's like a twisted flamingo stance....)
4. When she gives me the shot, she squeezes and digs her nails in. Then---there's so much pain going on that it's hard for me to focus on the injection.
(In fact, I've told her "You need to grow your nails out a bit more so that you can really dig in when you're pinching my ass." Because you know---it's either that or she'll have to spank me ahead of time, and we've got to draw the line somewhere!)

I'm supposed to change my estrogen patches at midnight tonight.
Well....I'm fairly certain I won't be awake at midnight, and it's going to happen just a wee bit sooner.

I'm also blaming these FOUR estrogen patches for my recent bitchiness candor.

Anyhow....at one point today I told my mother, "I can't even stand myself right now." So, I'm aware that I'm out of sorts....I just can't seem to help but be a wee bit crazy lately. K?

May tomorrow bring me lots and lots of luck!
May tomorrow bring me lots and lots of fertility!
...and in the end---if this cycle is not meant to be successful for us or if it is abundantly successful, may I find peace with whatever the outcome.
:)

{And for Damon & Darnin: the quote of the day is "What's wrong with your face?"}



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything you are feeling is perfectly okay. You have tons of chemicals in your body, shots, egg retrievals and whatnots. I'd be scared if you weren't a little on the B side!

Girl you and doing the extraordinary for the love of expanding your family. They all understand and love you! Hugs!!,

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

I am hoping friend Jess is going to be like mommy2. Maybe if you have triplets, she can have one? I'm kidding!!!! What a fab friend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home