Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Hap-Hap-Happy Halloween!

.............................................................................................
In the 11th hour, Hubby decided that perhaps we should dress up. Well, I tried to get him to be Kanye & I could be Taylor Swift. No such luck. We decided on Frankenstein & his bride. Guess what? He went as Frankenstein, and I did nothing. That's right. I did NOT dress up this year...I went as a mom. Oh! Maybe I went as a photographer. Whatever... Time was short yesterday, I wasn't sure what to wear on my body, and I wasn't going to wear my own wedding dress, so it just seemed like too much work in the 11th hour. Know what I'm sayin'?

My day involved a haircut (3 and a half inches chopped off! I bit shorter than I had planned, but my hair feels sooooo much healthier), a trip to Walmart that just made me want to pull out the hair I had left, and of course the boys were asleep on the couch when I got home. I realized it was almost 4 o'clock & I hadn't eaten, hadn't done the Halloween candy-prep, and we were due at the neighborhood carnival at 5.
So, I ate lunch meat (can't really be bothered with the bread when you're in a hurry, now can you?), & helped Hubby with his make-up....

Frankenstein Prep:




And then what happened? Gage woke up. Then he saw Daddy. Then he FREAKED OUT!
The final product:


Our Little Ghostbuster...



Gage & Mommy....



Gage & Daddy....



We headed down to the neighborhood carnival for just a bit before trick-or-treating... They had bounce houses & games, hot dogs, and play-ground fun. We didn't get to stay long because we had to get back over to Patrick & Amanda's for a hay-ride with trick-or-treating.


Back at home, I had to set the candy out since we weren't going to be there for trick-or-treaters... Here's what we put out:

Why, yes, we did serve our candy on silver platters... We're Movin' On Up like the Jeffersons!

Some of the kids in our crew...
B, C, L, H, & B...


H, Gage, & R


R, Gage, & T


The scariest people we saw---this clown on stilts & his creepy-super-quiet-never-said-a-word side-kick. They were sooooooooo creepy. Really.



Gage was very excited about all the candy he got... He was a bit disappointed that he only got 2 orange tootsies (which I think are sooooo gross, but he loves them).


The other dud:


That's right. Out of date cheesy-poofs. Ewwww.

It was a busy day & night...

...and we all had fun. I wish I'd been able to spend more time with more friends in our crew, but it was all over before we knew it! ...and the fact that Halloween was on a Sunday is the likely culprit for our heading in early... Can't wait for Halloween to be on a Friday or Saturday night!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Looks like lots of fun! I'm a fan of the orange tootsies, too. I understand his pain -- we didn't get any flavored tootsie rolls!

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

Those costumes look amazing! Looks like you guys had a blast!!


Did you know? Marni's Organized Mess is on Facebook now? "Like" me if you will, s'il vous plait. ;-)
http://facebook.com/MarnisOrganizedMess

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Marni---I don't facebook.
I think my Hubby & I may be the last hold outs...
Even my grandmother has a facebook page!

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

AHAHAHAHA! Who gives out old cheese puffs?!?! Probably the same people who give out raisins.

 
At 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Hubby does a good Frankenstein! Nice job!

Seriously people...old cheese puffs...TACKY!

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Wow - I've been reading through all your Halloween posts - and to think our big thing is recycling old costumes and carving the pumpkins - you go all out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home