Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Beach: Over a week ago....

So, last Saturday, after the birthday brunch, we had plans to meet up with Patrick, Amanda, & their son, T.

We all met up at the marina to head out on the lake....

T & Gage


In case you wondered what pure happiness looks like, here it is:


Me & Amanda



Patrick & Amanda showed us this one little area that we had no idea was there. It has a small stretch of sandy beach, and the boys had a blast!




I even got out of the boat!
And the next series of pictures also comes with a pop quiz.
Was I....
A) Afraid to touch my toes/feet to the bottom of the lake?
B) Getting drowned by my husband who claims to love me?
C) Getting freaky-deaky right there in the lake for all the world to see?



The answer is A.
Ewwwwwww! The lake bottom? It's squishy & gross and ewwww. What if I step on something? What if something gets me? Ewwwww!
I put my feet down long enough to have Amanda snap a picture of us to serve as proof: Yes, I got in the lake.

And then there's this:

{so for those of you who answered "B" in the quiz above....hmmmmmmmm....}

To answer the burning question: yes, the water was cold.

But, we were all having a blast.
These two.... these are the two long lost best friends from high school. Together again....


I am so lucky that the boys pulled the boats up soooooo close to the beach, that when I officially got off the boat to get onto the beach area, I only had to take 3 or 4 steps in the water. I'm so lucky!

Pics from the beach....

Amanda & T


Baby Gage


The shells the boys collected


The boys played in the sand...


And as the sun started going down, we decided to build a fire. Hubby built the fire while Patrick & Amanda ran to the store for hot dogs and smores goodies. While they were gone, the boys played & played...and collected wood for the fire...









Have I mentioned yet how perfect this all was??


Cooking our hotdogs...& having fun....







Oh, it really was so much fun.
These little boys of ours decided that the fun should not end at the beach. So, after we put the fire out, we all got on our boats, and headed back to the marina. They had grand plans for T to spend the night at our house. As in---a sleepover! But, on the boat rides back to the marina, they each fell asleep. Then, on the few minute ride home from the marina, Gage fell back to sleep. This is what I saw when I pulled into the garage:


But, those boys held us all to the plan: go home, get showered, & then T comes over to spend the night.
So, we did it.
A little while later, this was the scene at our house:


T: Gage's 1st spend-the-night friend.

Last Saturday was a very.very long day!
With the brunch in the morning, beach & boats with friends, and then a sleepover. Not to mention the stuff that I haven't blogged about: during the brunch, Gage was with Memaw & Poppa. He had the opportunity to go in a helicopter, so how can you tell a little boy "no" to that? So, while we were brunching it, he was doing two awesome things: going in a helicopter, AND competing in a golf putting contest. He took 1st place. Apparently the kid's putting contest wasn't necessarily on the plan for the day, but when the opportunity presented itself, again, how do you tell this little one "no"??? So, I have no pics of it, but that's okay.
My point? It was a perfect, but very busy day, filled with family & friends. We are so lucky.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:31 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

OMG you have the most amazing times! Next year (when it is warm again) I am so coming over to ride in the boat.

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Brent and Rachel Fisher said...

That IS the perfect Saturday.

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

Perfect is right. What a beautiful fun day! I love the beach. By the way, I totally guessed B. ;o)

 
At 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post like these make me want to move SOUTH! I hate the cold!

What a great day!

You totally need water shoes! :)

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I want to play in the sand!
You're too funny about the not touching the lake bottom. The last time we went to a lake around here there was a snake swimming around. I got out really fast!

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Awesome times! Love the lake pics - makes me miss our boat!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home