Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Complaint Department.



It's official. I'm complaining.

I'm sick.
I'm frickin'-frackin' sick.
Can you believe it?
Of course you can.
Why?
Because THAT'S MY LUCK.
Or rather, our luck.
Seriously---the only breaks we catch around here are broken bones.

And, though I felt like complete & utter sh*t today with snot pressure behind my eyeballs {that really made me want to just scoop my own eyes out with a grapefruit spoon}, I still took my son to see a movie because.I.promised.

Parenting lesson #1,429: sinus infection, upper respiratory infection, and strep? don't take your kid to see a 3D movie with that kind of pressure behind your eyes.

The upside to all that: we were the only 2 people in the whole theatre, and so my coughing, hacking, and germ spreading self was not an audible burden to others.
Good. I'm doing what I can to look at the bright side of things.

But um...something that's not so helpful: finding 3 spiders today, having to brave their existence & removal without Hubby, only to google "Texas Spiders" tonight and find that most people are bitten by Brown Recluse Spiders when the people are fast asleep in their beds! Yes, apparently these mean, evil, disgusting spiders "hunt" at night, enjoy dark places like in between your sheets, and bite you when you accidentally roll over them during the night.
Google---you are NOT helping things.
I don't remember EVER having this type of problem or worry living in the city.
I'm just sayin'....

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:10 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Oh girl, get well soon. I was there about two weeks ago - still coughing, but every day is much better than the previous one.

Sending you GET WELL QUICK vibes!!!

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Alexandra said...

Oh! Never google things late at night when you're the only one up. And my niece, who lives in Texas, says that Texas spiders are nuts.

Poor girl...you'll have to knock back a few to fall asleep on nights like that.

Nice to meet you!

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

I hope you are feeling better by now:)
Kisses

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

dude I hear ya!!!! I am sick too... and I hate those little effin' mean hairy legged bleep bleep bleeps.... hate spiders!!!

 
At 11:17 AM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

OMFG THAT PICTURE AT THE TOP...OMG I LOVE IT. IN FACT I THINK I'M PRINTING IT OUT, AND FRAMING IT AT WORK

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home