Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April, April, Go Away.

Houston, we have a problem:

And it goes by the name of "Strep."

Yes, we went to the doctor this morning.
Gage has strep.
Good times.

We were up most of the night, and poor Gage was BEGGING at 5:30 this morning for me to (1) take him to the doctor, and (2) get him a shot that will just make him feel better.
You KNOW it's bad when your child is begging to go to the doctor & begging for a shot.
Poor Buddy.

In other news: I emailed my professor last night, indicating that I would hand my paper in later today before my evening class.
Um---just sittin' around HOPING that's okay.
At this point, what else can I do, right?

So---dr appt. this morning.
After that---CVS for Rx.
And then---drive thru @ Chick-fil-A, where MY child---the child who NEVER talks to people in public, like ever....well, MY child started yelling at the drive thru. "I want a 'nilla shake, and a lemonade, and nuggets and fries, and a fruit cup. But I don't like strawberries!" With all of his food & mine too---we spent $16. $16 for two of us to eat fast-food! CRAZY.

He was asleep before we got home. Bless his little heart. His eyes are so puffy with purple rings underneath because he's so sick & tired.

His rest didn't last long. He was up shortly thereafter, and won't eat. He's afraid it will hurt his throat. He said that he wants all the food to "have it" but he doesn't want to eat it. So, it's in the fridge until he's ready.

As I type this---we're sitting on the couch watching "Annie" from, what? the 70s???
I'm not sure if he likes it, or if he's just too tuckered out to complain.

Hubby & I were lamenting about April 2010.
We're ready to see it go...
April 1st was when my Papa died. After that, Hubby broke his back, I had a ruptured ovarian cyst {I was too busy to blog about it}, and now Gage has strep. A coworker is out for surgery, so I've been working extra shifts... I've had this mega-paper to contend with.
April has just been a beating!!!!
BUT---Hubby is recovering. Gage will recover. I'm done recovering {I guess...nothing hurts any more...}. The paper is done {it may not be perfect, but so what?}. And, I got a visit from my mom & a freezer full of her cooking! We have jobs, and health insurance, and food to eat, and a graduation to attend soon. So...as much as I complain, I really am equally (well, probably MORE) blessed than I mention.

...but I really am hoping that these April showers will bring May flowers!!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3:38 PM , Blogger kristin fulghum said...

oh no! so sorry about the strep. thanks for stopping by my blog and for all the meal ideas. appreciated!

 
At 3:31 AM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

Ohhh I am so sorry!
I hope he will feel better soon:)
Ohhh poor little guy!
Kisses and thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog!
Kisses:)

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

I hate yucky months. I had a yucky year a couple of years ago.

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

You deserve a great May. I hope his strep clears up quickly and you can guys can enjoy a great, beautiful month in your new house.

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Poor Gage and poor Mama!

 
At 1:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I hope you , Gage & Hubby are feeling better. Talk about when it rains...it pours! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home