Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baby Matthew....

I was lucky enough to attend Susan's baby shower over the weekend.
BreadWinners=mmmmmmmmmmm!
I had the salad sampler for brunch. I highly reccommend it.
Yummy.
And, I was very excited that my mom was able to come to.
I FAILED to snap a picture of my mom's little mini cakes for Susan & David, and I FAILED to snap a picture of the gift basket that I gave her. I had so.much.fun collecting these little things over time. Things that she might not think to register for...or things that she has no idea she'll need (like band-aids. lots & lots of band-aids). Another fail on my part: I forgot to put a package of batteries in there! {am I right, moms? don't we always need freakin' batteries???} And, like I told her---if I'd really been on top of my game, I'd have hit the Home Depot to buy a teeny-tiny screw driver. Why? For the back of all those toys that have the world's smallest screws holding on a piece of plastic where you have to replace the batteries!
Anyway, it was cute nonetheless.

My mom, me, Susan.


Megan, Susan, & me.


I couldn't see well so I moved up by Megan when Susan was opening her gifts.
Thanks mom for snapping about 25 pictures of us.
{someone's mouth was open in more than half of them, or at least one of us was blinking, or Susan's face was covered by a gift...but the sentiment was sweet mom, really.}
But this is what my mom was trying to capture:

Us. Together, and happy.

She said that she got teary just thinking about all that we have been through together. It's like a marriage, without any fighting. And well, without...you know. Okay, fine, it's not like a marriage. It's better! We miss each other when we're away from each other, but we have that safety net there that tells us we'd cross the US if we needed to be there. It's great. If one of us is busy, the others are understanding {you guys are understanding, right? you know I'll be done with school soon, right?}, and when we do get together, the boys (our husbands) don't seem to understand that we just don't want it to end! We don't run out of things to talk about. We can always pick up right where we've left off, and update each other on this/that/the other.{by now, I think the boys are starting to get it!}

They are some of my besties, and they're GREAT!

So, Baby Matthew will be here before we know it.
And, I can't waaaaaaaaaaaait to spend hours in the waiting room waiting for his arrival! I owe Susan, who slept on the waiting room floor because I was in labor for so long.

Susan, may your labor be short: very, very short. {but not so short that you miss the window for an epidural!}

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Blogger Megan said...

I love you! This was a great post and put into words my thoughts, too.

I can't wait to hang out with you in the hospital waiting for Baby Raff! We need to bring something to do, some kind of fun project. I have no ideas as of yet, it's just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home