Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Dammit Arlene, and Dammit Direct TV

So, it's past bedtime around here, and I'm up blogging.
why??
Because my frick-frackin' laptop overheated (what? you shouldn't use it for like 5 consecutive [or more] hours while it's propped on your down comforter???) and I really started to get the vibe that it was about to fritz out on me. So, I hurried & emailed myself an attachment of my paper. Schlepped my stuff upstairs to Gage's computer, which luckily has the internet, but doesn't have the same Word stuff installed, and I need all kinds of product keys & codes to adequately configure it....yada, yada, freakin' yada.
Point is: I was chugging coke to vamp myself up for a few more hours of quiet homework time. And now---I'm taking a break, and hoping that I'm giving my little laptop a little time to cool itself down so I can get back to work soon.

So, in the meantime.....I sent a little statement to the Customer Service people at Direct TV {after all, THEY sent ME a customer service response card to fill out. It's only appropriate for me to tell them how I really feel}.
Here are my questions relating to the service at the Casa de Lainey-Paney:

1) I've had service for about a week now. Why have I already gotten a bill for a months worth of service?
2) A bill for $102? What happened to the nice price they quoted by phone that was in the $60s? When I said, "does that include the 4 receivers?" I was told "YES" not "Well, there's a $5 charge for each of those, so no, your bill will actually go up by twenty bucks right there."

So far, the only thing I've liked about Direct TV: (1) the installation guy was nice, respectful (covered his shoes to walk into our new house!), and taught me how to use the product. I appreciated that. (2) The fact that I now get the Sprout channel for my son.
THAT's IT!

......I miss AT&T U-verse. I knew this whole "livin' in the sticks" thing was going to pose a few problems....

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:50 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Without some kind of air flow beneath them, those laptops can get HOT, HOT, HOT!

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Consider yourself lucky you got a respectful Direct TV guy. The last one that came to my house a)did not cover his shoes, take off his shoes, or care that it was raining outside and his shoes were covered in mud and b)USED my bathroom which stunk up the house and washed his filthy hands in my sink and left all the black/dirt in the sink!!!!

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Direct TV pulled the same crap on me. Quoted me $56 and I asked a million different ways if there were any other charges. My bill was $80 when I got it and by then I was locked into a contract.

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger Christy said...

We used to have Direct TV, but we ended up canceling. We lost our signal whenever it was rainy or snowy or windy - which was completely annoying (especially when my favorite show was on). And then they started raising our rates. We started out paying $40 per month and ended up paying $70. So we went back to cable. I do miss having all those kid channels though.

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I am COMPLETELY the opposite....we had DirecTV before switching to U-Verse and the only thing I like about U-Verse better than DirecTV is the fact that I can record from any tv and the price. I miss DirecTV....a lot!

 
At 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You MUST go to Barnes & Nobles and get a laptop desk for like $20 it saved me from overheating mine so many times. They are super comfy. I think they have them at Walmart too but I love my blue & brown one from B&N.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home