Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, February 26, 2010

Suck It, You Anti-Customer Service Rep!

I can't do this anymore.
I can't.
I lack the patience necessary to deal with these "customer service" people when it comes to setting up the utilities.
I am so sorry.
I just can't.
I talked w/ someone at AT&T.
I don't know if we have a modem.
I don't know if we have a router.
I don't know where to buy them, and I'm assuming that I can get that stuff at Staples, but I don't know what to buy.
I don't know how the internet works.
I don't know about fiber-optics & dry loops.


I just want the internet to happen.
I want someone who works for the internet provider to come to my new house, and bring all of the necessary things that he needs to do his job, and plug stuff in, and do whatever he does that just makes the internet HAPPEN.

That's what I want.
It's modern-day-magic. I just want it to happen.

And if I don't have internet for a good little while b/c Antone @ AT&T can't listen to moi---the customer---well, Antone----F*ck you. I'll just do laundry instead.

9 Comments:

At 2:11 PM , Blogger Beth said...

In a few years, Gage will be able to do it all for you - he'll know all there is to know about setting up Internet. The beauty of having children who grow up tech-savvy & fearless!
'Til then, you have my deepest sympathy.

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger kristi said...

We got our box thingy from Sprint, our phone carrier, it was like $69 and then my router I got at Wal Mart for $40.

 
At 4:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call the cable company they have all the equipment and can give you phone, cable and internet.

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Judy said...

LOL - Gage can probably set it all up for you now! HAHA

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

I'd just like to say, "Yeah, F*ck you, Antone!"

 
At 7:57 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

I SO feel your pain...but that Effin' Antone made things even worse for you. I agree with nycgirl0501...get your internet through the cable company because they come out and do everything for you.

I got my computer at Best Buy, and bought the router at the same time, and I paid The Geek Squad to set all that up. The cable company came with the modem and cables and set the rest up. Voila, internet!

Eff Antone...you don't need his customer disservice!

Oh...and I've been meaning to tell you...congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL new home! I am so happy for you, and I can wait for inside pix.

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

What I meant was...I CAN'T wait for inside pix of your house.

Now I just need to pay someone to come out and type for me!

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

OMG. I am dying over here. YOu crack me up!

Hope it gets hooked up soon!

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Angel said...

LAUNDRY??!!! to hell with THAT! fight for what you want girl! get you some internet!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home