Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

She's Crafty!

Okay, so I'm not suuuuuuuuuuuuper crafty like some, but I have my moments.
I saw something similar to what I'm going to post, but for the life of me, I can't remember where. I think it was a kiddo's valentine....

Anywho.
Here's what I made for Gage's classmates:

It's a regular 4x6 print, in black & white.
Cost? I think 9 cents for each copy (b/c no, I didn't print them at home...)
I just took a pic of him "punching" at the camera. Note the smile. He was happy to play that game! Then, I used scissors to cut above & below his little fist. Slipped in a pencil.
The pencils?
5 for a dollar? 8 for a dollar?
I forget... Got them a while ago at Walgreen's.

For his teachers:
Apple Cider & the pencil pic...



I know---some may give the teachers better gifts, but I thought this was a creative spin on the whole "an apple for the teacher" tradition.

And---today we gave M her gift.
She told us that she liked the flower ear-rings, but they weren't sparkly & they didn't have pink as a center stone. I agreed, but told her that they are sterling silver and from a really neat store. I told her that I think in time she will like them...and she replied with the sweeeeeeetest little bright eyes & smile, "I already do!"
Have I mentioned how much I just adore M?
It's going to break my heart if & when they break up.
:(

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 10:22 PM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

Geez, your Gage pictures are so fun and creative... I'm impressed!... Luckily, we don't have the tradition of really giving teachers gifts... one less thing for me to remember at least!

 
At 11:59 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

Those cards are so cool! And, I like the apple cider idea :)

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger Beth said...

I’ll bet Gage loves those gifts – looks like he’s holding a sword!
Well done, crafty-lady.
And be prepared for that heart-break re: Gage’s love-life. It happens! ;)

 
At 6:36 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

You already know how I feel about Gages gift to Zakary. Thanks for yesterday. I had fun and really needed the girl time. You are so much fun to hang with!

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

That is VERY creative. Love it!
Now I feel the pressure to do something for Bayley's teachers at daycare.


That was such a great thing to say to that little girl! Very sweet and her response was cute too. :)

 
At 7:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome gift idea! You are VERY VERY creative. I don't think I'd ever come up with this :)

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Great present idea! I'm sure the teachers appreciated something other than sweets! Little Elvis' teachers got home-made headache pillows - just in case my little angel caused them any headaches this year.

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

LOVE the picture idea! You are crafty! Next you will want to borrow my Cricut machine! =)

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger lisa said...

When I first looked at the photo, it was small and I really thought he was holding something! What a great idea! And I love that you said if and when!

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

What a lovely idea! Youd did well there.

 
At 8:13 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I love that idea,it's perfect. Gage is so cute in the pic too.

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger Kate said...

That's a fabulous idea! And I love the teacher gift. As a teacher, I usually don't get anything, which is totally okay or sometimes a candle or candy or something baked. Cider would be a nice change. Plus, you don't have to worry about the teacher feeling uncomfortable with a fancy gift. Although Gage isn't really to the give-me-an-A stage. =)

 
At 6:20 AM , Blogger Rob said...

Cute! Just to warn you, I plan on stealing that idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home