Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, December 07, 2009

Family-Photo-Schmoto. Eat it up.

So, Sunday morning---we had our family photo shoot, right?

Well....let me say a few things first.
I worked late the night before. Got home around 1am. We were up until about 3am b/c I can't just immediately go to sleep when I get home, and we watched some TV, and next thing we know---it's 3 o'clock in the freakin' morning.

We wanted Ranger in our picture, so we had to have the 10am slot. Fine. Booked it. Thought nothing of the fact that I was working the night before.

Well, on Saturday I didn't bathe the dog, which was my task, and my turn to do it. So, I got my behind out of bed at 7am to bathe the dog & get myself ready.

The outfit that I planned to wear for family photos: Hubby vetoed. And, really...he was right b/c we all wanted to be kind of coordinated, and they really don't have anything to complement my top....and it's not really all about me, now is it? So, I muted it down & planned a different outfit based off what I'd selected for Gage this morning.

Which brings us to about 8am when he begins the fit about his clothing selection that he had absolutely no say about. Deadline to leave the house: 9:15am. I had to get ready, Hubby had to get ready, and I had to fight with the little drama-king about whether or not he looked "cute." Then we had to bicker about his hair, and the tan socks vs. white socks, and the fact that there was no place in our family photo for his light-up-Spider-Man shoes.

FINALLY---we were all ready to go. Ranger was ready, we were all ready. I purposefully didn't feed Ranger in the morning b/c of the car-sick tendencies this little shit...I mean, shih tzu has... So, he gets outside to go potty one last time, and WHAT did he get into? I don't know but suddenly his little mouth & face smelled just awful. Ran into the bathroom---cleaned it off with a baby wipe & sprayed him down with a bottle of Country Apple Bath & Body Works spray that I found in the bathroom cabinet.

And---we were off. Only leaving 15 minutes late.
Have I mentioned that the whole morning was an ordeal yet?

So---we're about 10 minutes into the trip & Ranger pukes all over the front floor mat in Hubby's car. IT SMELLED LIKE.....well, it was awful. For the love---can we turn off the floor-heaters?

Get there, get inside, and what does everyone want to do? Cuddle my dog's face. His little I-just-puked-up-God-knows-what puke face. I took him to the bathroom & washed his little face off, so he was doing much better.

We got some GREAT pics. Well, I think so, anyway....
They'll be ready in 2-3 weeks.
Hubby was happy to report that we didn't spend $800 on pictures! Woohoooo!

I will say this though---although the family picture morning resulted in some great shots---I won't quickly do it again. For real. It was just toooooo hectic this morning.

And so, until our family photos come in & I am able to share those with you---I'll leave you with these, from AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com
Enjoy.











Enjoy?

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:18 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Life a "little bit askew?"
Oh, yeah!
Looking forward to seeing the pictures...

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

haha! Can't wait to see the real one!

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

When I first found that site I thought eh. Now I check it out everyday. That first one you posted is my favorite.

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Very funny photos!

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

What a morning! I love those pictures. Very funny! We have one from our wedding of my grandmother that totally looks like a mugshot. She obviously didn't want her picture taken. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Judy said...

On of my most favorite websites! HAHA

 
At 10:53 PM , Anonymous Seraphine said...

haha. yes i *enjoyed* them all. really funny.
and the very first one, the family where nobody can hold still, that's like my family- except it's impossible to gather everyone in the same place for a photo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home