Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tree-time!

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
On Friday, Gage & Daddy made the annual trip to Sandone's to get our Christmas Tree. This year, I told him not to get such a big tree. Now, granted, we LOVE a big tree. I love a flocked fir Christmas tree, just like we had last year!
But---our tree last year was soooooooooo huge that it went from the window to the center of the room (the tree @ it's widest point). We just don't have room for that now!

My mom informed that Hubby just doesn't have it in him to buy a small tree.
She was right.
Now, granted, this tree is smaller than trees past....but, it's still pretty full & fat. It's beautiful & perfect. That's what it is!

Conversation about our tree:
LP: I thought we were going to get a small tree.
Hubby: They didn't have any. Must be this recession---sold out of all the small trees.
Yes, it was thick with sarcasm.
Mom was right---he doesn't have it in him to buy a small tree. Nor does he have it in him to appreciate a fake tree, or a tree with matchy-matchy ornaments that lack history. We are big fans of unmatched ornaments that reflect a time in our life, a trip we took, a gift from someone.... It's a holiday history tree that we add to each year. That's just us.

So, I give you, the Casa de Lainey-Paney Family Christmas Tree {2009}.
(to note: it looks a lot better in person, and didn't photograph half as well as I expected.)









{do not mention any gaping holes where there are no ornaments: Gage decorated most of the tree, and it's just the way he likes it!}

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:46 PM , Blogger Stephanie Hamid said...

Yeah its big but soooo pretty. My Mom had the different ornaments theme too and she passed them on to me but they were lost somehow. I think when we moved last time. This time we can't find the outdoor light and too bad becauee this home just screams DECORATE ME WITH LIGHTS AND BOWS DAMMIT. I just cant see spending money on lights to replace those list when I have gifts for 4 kids to get. Gonna be a slim year.

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

I love it. I'm a big huge fan of mismatched ornaments with history. Ours is like that too.

 
At 3:34 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Hey, that star looks just like ours!
And the tree looks great - well done, Gage.

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

And now I am also lovin' Mr. LP. Big trees and family memory ornaments are what I love. The matchy-matchy trees are beautiful...I can't imagine a Christmas tree that I wouldn't like...but they are beautiful in someone else's house. Give me the ornaments that were handed down to me from my Grandma and Mom, and that I remember as a child, soooo many years ago! :)

 
At 6:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree! I love the pic of Gage putting up the tree top!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home