Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, August 24, 2009

BURSTING with EXCITEMENT!

Okay...first of all, I could hardly contain myself when the school supply list came in the mail.

My mom may be the only one to appreciate this---but I am a NUT about school supply shopping. Staples??? One of the best places on Earth. A place where there is order, and labels, and the ability to laminate anything that's flat & won't melt....seriously---it's one of the best places on Earth.

My heart races at the thought of owning a Sharpie in every color...an endless supply of sticky notes, and binders and folders, and spiral notebooks...you get it.

So, over the weekend, we head out to Target with our school supply list in hand.

Target. Saturday.
Tax-Free-Shopping-Weekend.
Shoot Me.

Next time: I'll pay the tax on the twenty cent box of crayons.
Oh wait---who am I kidding? Target was out of crayons.
They were also out of regular school glue, 8 pack of watercolor paints, and plastic folders with brads. We were lucky enough to score the LAST box of Crayola brand washable markers (classic colors, of course) in the whole Target store over at City Place.

After Target, we walked over to Office Max. {sorry Staples, but Office Max was just conveniently located at the time.}
We found a much less crowded store & all of our remaining items. We should have just started AND finished there.
I also got this handy cute carry-case for my internship cases, and a new laptop carry case {Hubby thinks it's just hideous, but I disagree}.

What else???
Oh---Gage got a SpiderMan backpack & lunch box. He's VERY excited.

School supplies---tell me why one child requires 6 things of glue, but no scissors. For real. 4 large glue sticks & 2 bottles of glue. I have a feeling that if no cutting is involved---I'm going to get some very LARGE craft projects. No, no...I'm sure the teachers will do all the cutting....

Meet-The-Teacher night is this coming Thursday.
I can't go & it breaks my heart!
But, Hubby can handle it.

Okay, so I was super excited about school supplies.
Today is the first day of my next-to-last school semester. [does that sentence even make sense??]
I have less than a year.
I have less than a year.

:)
Happy Monday.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:05 AM , Blogger lisa said...

I'm with you on the Sharpies! I have 8 assorted colors on my desk now. And isn't there just something about a new box of crayons?

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger Angel said...

I have less than a year
I have less than a year

!!!!! LOL!

and school supplies....ahhhh, I always buy myself some new markers and pens...even thos my boys only need mechanical pencils and notebooks now. Glue sticks? check. Crayons? check markers? check!

I love to color.....

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, Jack got a spiderman backpack and lunchbag too!

I discovered that you buy multiples of all of these things like glue because on the first day at our school you just throw them all in a big bin. In other words, you're just stocking the school closets with supplies! Glad I didn't write Jack's name on everything.

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE school supplies too!! That used to be the highlight of my school days..new binders, fresh paper and pens (good ones that write smooth, of course)! Oh, I am still a sucker for a good writin' pen! We should go to Staples sometime! =)

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I love, love, love school supplies! As a teacher, I have an excuse to buy them every year and it's fabulous. I was at Target at 8AM Friday and then Staples. It wasn't crazy yet, so I was very thankful that I had the flexibility to go that early during normal working hours.

 
At 7:09 AM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

I. Am. So. Jealous.

I want to buy school supplies so bad I can taste it. My fingers are just itching to touch pretty folders and put dividers in binders, and write that first note in a brand new notebook, or discover a new first pen.

School supplies are like good sex for me, maybe even better

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home