Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, August 24, 2009

Bailin' Hay.

ADDENDUM: Okay, I admit I'm a city girl. Is it BALE hay? Or BAIL hay? I don't know. I don't know the damn difference, and around here---it doesn't make a bit of difference. I'm just sayin'...


Last Wednesday after Hubby worked, he mowed the yard.

So Thursday, when we all got home for the evening, Gage wanted to go outside & "bail hay." {FYI Gage, yo' mama is a city mama.}

But----alas, I am the mother of a little boy.
You wanna bail hay?
Let's go bail hay.
But let me put on some slackerella clothes first.

{and by hay, I mean grass clippings that hubby didn't bag}
{which brings me to another "aside": don't ask me about all this mowin' stuff. sometimes you bag the clippings...sometimes you don't. is there rhyme or reason? I dunno.}








Why, yes those aaarrrree fleece sweatpants that my kid is wearing.
No, he wouldn't let us put some non-fleece clothing on him.
No, he didn't want to wear shorts right then.
Yes, we do pick our battles!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:50 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Looks good on ya, city girl!

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

we have those same shovels and love them. Its a wonder my plants are still planted.

 
At 7:05 AM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

i am so confused about the whole sometimes you pick up grass sometimes you dont thing. These rules are too complicated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home