Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, June 26, 2009

6/20: Dad's Wedding....

Here are some pics from last Saturday....

Before the wedding...








Heading to the wedding....



At the wedding & reception...













After the wedding...
...we went to a restaurant in downtown Dallas. You know I love food. You know I love dining out. You know I'll give you a review.....



I don't normally like sushi. I prefer my meat cooked. I can't get past the thought of uncooked meat/fish/whatever. I have tried sushi several times now. Not for me. The taste of the seaweed wrapper stuff...not for me.
Buuuutttttt-----

They have veggie sushi that doesn't have seaweed in it. It's wrapped in cucumber & that sticky sushi rice {seriously, forgive my inadequate description of sushi & sushi ingredients}.



The restaurant has a rooftop deck/patio, pool, hot tub, misting system. Nice hang out area....but I gotta say---we were a little too early for the late-night crowd, and for some reason---I just picture the rooftop as "makeout-central" late at night, ya know? Really, is there enough chlorine in the world to make me get in that hot tub? No, no there isn't. I'm just sayin'.....

But, we had a lot of fun there, and a lot of great food!
The group that went out to Fuse was: the bride & groom, Hubby & myself, and Miguel & Jennifer (Miguel is Dad's friend, and Jennifer is his wife. They're a ton of fun!)







So....after that....we called it a night. We headed back to the Ritz (Thank you, Daddy!) for the night....and I ended my day in a rose-petal-filled bathtub. It was fabulous....

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 8:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

you look gorgeous!

 
At 8:53 PM , Blogger Judy said...

You are STUNNING in those pictures! Didn't anyone tell you not to upstage the bride?

Seriously - great photos.

I'm the same way with sushi, but I love a good California Roll (which is, I believe, what you may have had).

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Love the dress on you!

I don't mean to sound like an idiot; but she wasn't a mail order bride was she? I don't mean to sound like a jackass... I have a lot of blog catching up to do!

And I know I'm not the only one wondering... just the only one dumb and crazy enough to ask!

 
At 1:55 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

YOur new step mother looks adorable... as do you! Lots of lovely photos.
I dont' like sushi either.
Ha ha Mandy... that question has been asked already!

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

Chris - like I said, I'm pretty behind in my blog reading... like... been missing since Christmas time with only the occasional pop-in!

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Laura said...

my dear friend, no matter how bizare this wedding situation is...just look at the photos and see how flippn' GORGEOUS you look!!!!!

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger lisa said...

Love your dress. If you like salmon then try a Philadelphia Roll. I think some places call it different names, but it’s smoked salmon and cream cheese and they are delish! I think you can ask for no seaweed.

Was the ceremony in a church?

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

LOVE your dress! And you need more photos with you, hubbs, and Gage together. :)

Bride looked uncomfortable in her photos...or is it just me?

Did I mention I love your dress? :) And you look GORGEOUS!!!

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

Ohhh you look so pretty!! Where did you get that dress?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home