Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Swollen Hand = Bad for Engagement Ring.

So, I slipped my engagement ring on my hand on Friday.
I usually just wear my wedding ring, and not my engagement ring.
Anyway....I slipped it on Friday.
Had to have it cut off on Monday.
Seriously---we tried EVERYTHING to get it off.
Lotion.
Carmex.
Vaseline.
Spit. (okay, I started with this one...)
Soaking my hand in ice water.
Hospital-super-lube.
Sliding off with umbilical tape.
Xylocaine jelly.
Nothing worked.

Bye-bye for now E-ring.
I MUST get you fixed!

8 Comments:

At 8:48 AM , Blogger Dana said...

What made your hand swell?

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger lisa said...

That happened to me too. I cried and cried. I was pregnant. I even tried dental floss.

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Awww that's sad.

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Sorry to hear about the ring, I hope it can be fixed? I hope Gage is feeling better.
I hope you were alright at your dads wedding.

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger beckylbranch said...

Oh my goodness! Do you know what caused your finger to swell like that? How do they cut it off! Hope you can fix it and everything works out :(

 
At 1:58 AM , Blogger Laura said...

That is not good!

I love the photo!

 
At 4:23 AM , Blogger Judy said...

OUCH!

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Ow! That whole process sounds scary and painful. Must have used a very tiny saw.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home