Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gage Update.

Friday morning: not so productive appt. w/ Pediatrician's partner...
It may be mono.
It may be strep.
It may be both.
It may be neither.

okay.

Saturday: the rash appeared.
I think it's strep/scarlet fever.
Less Fever.
His right tonsil is AWFUL, and swollen beyond the mid-point of his throat.
Called the hospital about the strep culture.
Not back yet.

Sunday: still rash.
No fever.
I still think it's strep/scarlet fever.
Rikki mentioned that it may be roseola. It may be, but I just...I don't think so. I could very well be wrong, but I think it's strep/scarlet fever.

Who knows.
We'll probably never know, and to be perfectly honest---the pediatrician's partner pissed us off. I have no idea when he expects my child to be well, or when to return for medical treatment IF my child doesn't get well. I mean---his tonsil----just....what? If it's not better in 2 weeks consult a surgeon to cut it out? What!?
Okay....don't get me started on the pediatrician's partner. I could b*tch for hours about this, although I already have to just about every set of ears that would listen.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 12:15 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Where is his regular doc? Maybe time to switch?

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

oh girl...i know your pain! I had to file a formal complaint against a doc a few weeks ago after he told me nothing was wrong w/ my child (which i knew was WRONG) and less than 48 hrs later when i got him into the doc again he had freakin' pneumonia....AAAHHHH! There was so much to the story but know that i feel your pain and it is sooooo frustrating when you have to fight to get the care your child needs!! Hope Gage is feeling better soon!

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

poor gage. is he getting lots of ice cream? Alex and Jack were both throwing up this weekend!

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Oh girl, that is just NOT GOOD. Not good at all. At the VERY least, you need to let your regular ped know what is going on, and not just with Gage, but with the level of care you are receiving. That just plain old sucks.

 
At 8:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the update? Any results on the strep culture? Has he been bitten lately - it could be a result of a spider bite or a tick lodged somewhere. . .Give him hugs and kisses and tell him to feel better soon. His St. Louis family is worried!
Love, Melissa

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Pediatricians really piss me off sometimes. But don't get me started.

Hope Gagie poo gets to feeling better soon!

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Poor guys. Are there other pediatricians in your area accepting patients? I don't know much about any of those things you listed. I hope that it's something that's easily treatable and goes away very quickly.

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

Awwww. THis makes me nervous abou chosing our pediatrician.

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Nothing wrong with b*tching (even to the doctors) when it comes to your child's health - it's all part of the job description!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home