Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sweet Sweet Sleep.



I'm feeling much better, but let me warn you: Allegra & Allegra D are two totally different things.

Allegra comes with a warning: may cause drowsiness.

My Allegra D sample came with no warning as the doctor's PA stuffed a hand full into a ziploc & handed them to me. The warning should have read: Mommy-Crack. Don't take this at 4pm you big dummy because you'll be up until 2am! But at least your house will be clean & all of your laundry will be done. In fact, where can one score more of this!!???

Yes, I'm officially useless right now.

Got out of the dr's office yesterday around 4pm. Popped my handy new allergy pill.

I was up until 2am.

yes, my house is clean.

yes, my laundry is done.

yes, I finished that book I was reading.

yes, I watched So You Think You Can Dance.

yes, I rented a movie on PPV.

no, I didn't turn out the light until Gage came into my room "in the middle of the night" to crawl into my bed.

yes, the alarm went off at 5am.

yes, I was still buzzing from the Allegra D Mommy-Crack.

Realizing that I would be forced to function today after a rough 3 hours (or less) of sleep, I popped another bad boy (Allegra D) around 8:30 this morning. After a hearty lunch of OTB Mexican food, I'm practically dead on my a$$.


I am going to sleep like a champ tonight!
And the even better news: my throat is feeling better & the allergy symptoms have totally had their hiney's kicked by the Allegra D!

8 Comments:

At 5:32 PM , Blogger TwinsanityMom - Janet said...

Poor thing! Hopefully you aren't reading this now, 8:30PM EST and are reading it in the morning when you are nice and refreshed.

I might need to get some of that mommy crack though...my house is in desperate need of a good cleaning. :)

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

That is awesome. Can I place an order with you or should I just sniff and sneeze a little at the office next time I need a cleaning spree???

 
At 4:45 AM , Blogger Beth said...

I could use some of that Allegra D, thank you very much. Just think what I could get accomplished!

 
At 6:18 AM , Blogger Kasie said...

Wow, I need to score some Allegra D! My hubs would be ecstatic to wake up to a clean house. Then on second thought he'd have to deal with grumpy wife-zilla. No sleep=extremely grumpy irritable me.

Glad the house is clean & you're feeling better!

Thanks a bunch for the text book advice!

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Wow. You're pretty chipper sounding for being dead on your feet. I'd be bitchy. lol.

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

I need to get me some of that!

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Oh no! That stinks. Well, at least your house is clean:)

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Psssst...hey girl...can you send some of that stuff this way? I can barely make it to dinnertime these days, and Scott's got a looooooong week at work this week. The boys are going to TAKE OVER if I don't get my rear in gear!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home