Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Holy Freakin' D.

D is for diarrhea.

I is for "I hate it!", what Gage says about diarrhea.

A is for apples. What Gage wants, but shouldn't have because he already has diarrhea.

R is for ready. As in, "We are so ready for this diarrhea to leave poor Gage!"

R is for ready. As in, we aren't ever reeeeaaally ready for diarrhea to hit, are we?

H is for hiney wipin'. Which is what my day has been full of.

E is for ever. I hope this never plagues us EVER again!

A is for "about every 15 minutes". Okay...perhaps that's an exaggeration. He has actually gone 30 minutes to an hour between spells.

Poor buddy.
Started with fever yesterday. This morning, woke up with 102.1. No fever all day long, but we were blessed with a super duper explosive diarrhea episode around...3.
He's been going ever since.
Lucky me.

Fever returned around 7.
He ASKED to go to bed around 7.
Fast asleep by 7:30.

It's so weird though....he'd be playing, playing, playing....and then WHAM. He's whiny, clingy, stomach-ache, and diarrhea. Poor buddy.

But, like I said---there are some in-between times when he says that he feels fine & he's fever-free....




Labels:

11 Comments:

At 6:44 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Okay the third shot is the best. He needs a top hat and cane though.

 
At 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAIT! Yes, he can have apples. Have you not heard of the BRATT diet when a baby is sick and has diarhea (sp)? Sadie had it about 2 weeks ago and our Pediatrician said to follow it and it helped!

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

I thought the BRATT was just for vomitting.
Apples & apple juice have given Gage diarrhea in the past, so I'm making him wait...

For now, we're sticking to rice & starchy foods. Toast has been helpful & so has pasta.

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

PS: Leslie---I am like the worst friend EVAH! I haven't seen you guys since mid-March!
I'm sorry!

....are you missin' me yet????

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

Oh, such a cutie. I wish we lived nearby go Gage and Guy could have play-dates!

PS: what's BRATT?

 
At 12:19 AM , Blogger Jay said...

Poor kiddo, although it's probably not as rough on him as it has been on you!

 
At 5:42 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Ah, motherhood! Hiney wipin' is all part and parcel of the whole wonderful deal!
Hope the little guy feels better soon.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

I hope he feels better soon. :(

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Poor Gage! And poor Lainey-Paney! I hope it's just a one day thing.

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Ginger said...

That is crappy...literally! I think the boys are over their spell with it. We had lots of rice cereal mixed with bananas and that seemed to help some. I hope it gets better soon!

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Is he oinking? Aren't these some of the symptoms of the ever-popular swine flu? LOL

Sorry - we've been living it down here in over-reactionland.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home