Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, May 01, 2009

What? Kids say the damndest things....



Gage: "Bonnie tee-tee'd on the damn floor!"
Daddy: "What did you say?"
Gage: "Bonnie tee-tee'd on the damn floor."
[me, in the shower, over-hearing the whole thing. Bonnie wet the floor in the hall. I am laughing...but trying to muffle my laugh]
Daddy: "We don't say that word. Just listen. Mommy is crying because that bad word hurt her feelings!"
Gage: "I'm sorry..."

......Daddy & I discussed it.
Lainey-Paney: "You know he heard that from you. You say it all the time because you don't like the dog. You don't even realize that you're saying it. I'm actually pretty surprised he didn't say 'Bonnie PISSED on the DAMN floor AGAIN!'"

...Gage came into the bathroom..."I'm sorry."
Daddy: "We don't say that word."
Gage: "Well you said it."
Daddy: "Well, I shouldn't have, and I'm sorry."
Gage: "Mommy, are you still twying?"
Lainey-Paney: "No, Buddy. We just don't say 'damn,' okay?"
Gage: "Okay."

....Oh thank GOD he quoted Hubby on something ugly, instead of quoting me!
Another bullet dodged, right?
...clearly my luck is running out. I'm sure in the near future I'll say something ugly, and he'll repeat it...at the most INOPPORTUNE time!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 8:00 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

That's hilarious! Go you for missing that one this time around!

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

I can almost guarantee it.

 
At 3:56 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

Perfect! Kids will ALWAYS repeat what you say... and I can assure you, yes, at the worst possible time.
HINT: don't EVER bad mouth your mother in law when THE KID can hear you!

 
At 4:53 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Oh, yeah, your turn will come! ;)

 
At 12:56 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Oh my - that is too cute! It is so hard to not laugh or giggle. My eldest thought his name was Damn-itDJ for the longest time!!!!! Daddy always said that when he lost his cool...I thought that was bad until my middle child started to use my expression --- and well, it was pretty bad!!!!!

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

My boy is FINALLY over his fun potty mouth phase. I was constantly worried about when he was drop a sentence with 'shit' in it. Gave mama gray hairs!!!!

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

AH - that scares me what you said about nails! Maybe next time I'm gonna go to an actual salon, haha. Have a great weekend :)

 
At 7:54 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hilarious!

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger A. Nonny Mouse said...

We were in Target at Christmastime and something didn't go to Emily's expectations, at which point she said "Dammit."

Mike was unimpressed. Especially since he KNEW exactly where she'd gotten that from and it wasn't him.

Awesome.

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

I'm trying to convince hubby that kids will pick up on bad words quicker than he thinks. Not NOW for us, of course, but earlier than he thinks.

Gage is so so cute. And funny. I like that D made Gage think you were crying.

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

LOL. Yes, he'll repeat something awful (maybe not a cuss word, but something you don't want repeated) and he'll say it LOUDLY!! In a room FULL of people. lol.

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Cristina Mathers said...

hilarious! good thing it was the hubs! i love it when mine repeat things....mine told my mom once "mom and daddy were watching a movie with the lady with tape on her mouth, and then they killed her!"

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Thanks for asking....Caitlyn is doing great! She's back down for a nap and I an headed that way too-long day!

BTW...this post is hysterical-Gage is a cutie!

 
At 11:39 PM , Blogger Cristina Mathers said...

today ellie told her daddy as he was getting ready to get in the shower, and naked on the scale "you have something on your butt, it's big!" (she was talking about his front and his you-know-what.) when i asked him what he said, he told me he just got in the shower.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home