Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rough Draft....Family Rules...

So, we've been working on the house rules....
I've limited myself to 10, b/c in all honesty, I would make about 10 rules per room....

Here's what I've got so far (and Pam, I may be enlisting your help for some eye-catching creative way to display these....)

1. No running, screaming, or throwing inside.

2. Share everything!!! (except bad ideas & germs!)

3. Be kind with your actions and words.

4. We say, "please," "thank you," "you're welcome," "I'm sorry," "excuse me," & "bless you."

5. There are no such things as too much creativity, too much reading, or too much dancing.

6. Obey Mommy & Daddy.

7. Dirty dishes belong in the kitchen. Trash belongs in the trash. Snot belongs on a tissue. (Your mama is not your maid, your trash man, or your Kleenex!)

8. Messes need to be cleaned up by the mess-maker.

9. Singing aloud to Johnny Cash & Neil Diamond is highly encouraged.

10.Pray often & thank God for this family!


Whatcha think????????
........granted, my kid can't read yet...so we're going to need some pictures....but I'm sure we can figure it out....

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 6:16 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Hubby's reaction so far:
"Oh Gaaawwwd. You're such an idiot."
(HELLO! You just broke a rule, buddy...'be kind with actions & words')


Thanks, Hubby.
I believe in you too.

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

hahahaha, your hubby cracks me up!

I like the rules. Very good standard.

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I love them! Will you be my mom? Okay, I'm already grown and you're younger than me, but you get my point. =) I'm a huge fan of #9.

 
At 1:42 AM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

I have to say, I like #9 the best as well. OMG: the other day I was driving and "Coming to America" was on the radio. I instantly thought of you guy's...!!!

 
At 5:32 AM , Blogger Phillips Family said...

I love your family rules!

When I was a teacher, I used to have a handout of about 50 some odd rules. Some were serious and some were a bit light-hearted. I found students accepted all of the rules more if I showed that rules can be fun!

Your boy is quite smart. I am sure he will catch on after just reading them to him a few times! Hope his arm is getting better!

 
At 5:54 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

You mean others are supposed to be able to clean up after themselves? hmm Who knew.

 
At 6:09 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Great rules - and best of luck!
#3 is a key one and should last a lifetime.

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

good rules.
i bet you can condense several of them and have a much shorter list (easier for gage to manage if you're posting these somewhere).

2,3,& 4 go hand-in-hand. so does 7 & 8.

and i love your neil diamond rule. awesome!

good luck!

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

I LOVE the singing with Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond. :)

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Great Family Rules!!

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Great rules! I may steal some of them when I become a mom.

How great that you are a Texas social worker too! I have lots of friends who are fabulous social workers. What kind of social work do you do?

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I need to come up with something like this for our house. My fear....my husband will be the first to break them!!!

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

ha...your hubby's reaction cracks me up. Why are they always the ones that break the rules?!?

I think the rules are great and that Gage will do fine!

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger Pam said...

I would love to help you come up with a cool and creative way to display your rules. I love them - do you think I could make one for my house?? I think they would apply to Mark and dogs - you think??

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger A. Nonny Mouse said...

Those sound pretty good to me.

My sister-in-law walked my nephew through something verbally that your rules reminded me of. She said,

"where do we play with balls?" outside.
"what do we do with spit?" swallow it (or keep it in our mouths)
"what do we do with snot?" get a tissue
"what do we do with our hands?" touch nicely, not hit
"what do we do with our feet?" walk

And so on. It was a cool way to reinforce values on a kid who doesn't yet read. And I know I forgot some.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home